Together

Iona couldn't stop staring into his eyes. She was mesmerised by him. 

Ivar knew he had her, he knew they she would do anything for him. He watched as her face softened, gone was the steely gaze replaced by one of confusion. Realising he'd been holding onto her for too long, he removed his hand from her skin. 

"Go," he told her quietly as he looked away from her. 

The blonde took her hand from his face, the blood had transferred onto his face but he didn't seem to notice. "No," she denied his request as she sat on a chair on the opposite side of the room. "Not until you listen to me."

Ivar looked towards the door, he wondered if calling in his guards would help in sending her away but he knew she would find her way back to him, she always did. 

She waited for him to speak, he only watched her carefully. His bright blue eyes were almost reaching into her soul looking for something, anything. She felt like he could see right through her, but that he also struggled to read her. 

"Why were you here?" He asked her as he waited for her to speak. He wanted answers to things, she needed to give them to him. 

Iona crossed her right leg over her left then linked her fingers together and placed them on her top knee. "You might find this hard to believe but I stole away," I said trying to find the words to describe what happened to me. "You sent Hvitserk after me, I know he was following. You sent him pushing me further away from you, further away from where I should have been." 

The brown-haired Viking did not look shocked, he kept a straight face as he stared at the blonde. "Hvitserk was doing what I asked him."

"Hvitserk put my life in danger, you put my life in danger, Ivar." She leaned forward a little as she kept eye contact with the man before her. The blue of his eyes were drawing her in. "I didn't want to be here, I don't want to go back home to Kattegat." She got to her feet, her eyes noticed he had his hands on his axe as she walked towards him. "I don't want to go back to her. I only want to be where you are." 

Ivar's eyes were wide as she stood before him. Her blonde hair was around her face, the metal clamped around her neck and a sad look on her dirty face. He didn't care how she looked at this moment, he knew what he wanted. His hand released the axe before he pulled her close to him. Dragging her close to him, Ivar was forceful as he placed a kiss on her lips. 

His hands gripped her thighs as he pulled her over him, he obeyed placeing a leg either side of his body as he sat on the bed. Iona kept her lips attached to his, their kiss becoming needy, desperate as she pushed him down on the bed below her. 

She felt like she was truly happy at this moment. His hands on her skin, the way he touched her, the way his fingertips delved into her skin made her feel on top of the world but weak at the same time. 

When she looked down at the man lying on the bed, their eyes styared into each others as they both breathed heavily. He was so beautiful, he'd always entranced her from the moment they had met. 

They were like two magnets, repelling each other then drawing each other back in. 

Ivar reached for the back of her neck, pulling her mouth back down onto his. She was not surprised by his actions, as with his every day life, it seemed he needed control. Their kisses were heated, tongues exploring each other before Iona pulled away, desperate for air. 

"I only want to follow you, Ivar."

His hands rested on her thighs as he stared up at her. The blonde was a worthy allie, she had proved herself over and over. She was not scared of him, she kept coming back for more. "Iona," his finger nails dug into her thighs. "Betray me," his voice was deadly as he warned the blonde who he had found comforting. "And I will kill you."

The young woman gave him a small nod as she listened. "Never," she whispered as she put her hands on his chest. 

He smirked as he put his hands over hers. "You are so beautiful," Ivar's voice sounded genuine as he spoke these words. He was fed up with fighting her and pushing her away. Together they could do more damaged than if they were apart.