Down The Rabbit Hole

The only sounds that could be heard were Iona's heavy breathing and her heart beating loudly. She was filled with so much adrenaline as she reached up with her right hand, her bloody fingers caressing his cheek, leaving traces of her touch. He did not answer her, he did not stop her when she stepped up, placing her lips on his. She smirked as she stepped back and waited for his reaction.

Ivar did not know what this feeling was inside of him but as he looked at the extraordinary girl before him, it was something he had only experienced when he was with her. She should not have meant anything to him but the more time he spent in her presence, the more he felt it. He did not want anyone or anything to get in the way of his revenge. There were still more people to pay for the death of his father then he would find Lagertha, the one who had murdered his mother. Then there was Iona. He did not know what her fate was, yet.

Pushing her away, she stumbled back before falling to her knees. She stared up at him through her blood-stained hair, he watched her as she stood back up slowly. "Everyone underestimates you," his voice was quiet as he closed the gap between them. Iona did not move, instead, she placed her hands on his chest. "Are you not afraid, Iona?"

She hated the way he said her name. She hated his stare. He was so intense, everything about him got under her skin. He made her so conflicted.

"I am," she admitted. She was not afraid for the reasons he thought, though.

His hands reached up, he touched her hair, the matted red strands were tacky but it didn't matter to him. He pushed her hair away from her face before he crashes his lips against hers. Her right arm wrapped around his neck as she returned the kiss. Their tongues met, dancing together as he tugged on her hand, pulling her closer to him.

There is a deep fire within her as they both pull away to catch their breaths. Both breathed heavily without stepping away. Iona's hands slipped down to this chest, her fingers feeling the cold leather of his armour.

"You surprise me," he wrapped his free arm around her holding her close. "It is not like you to stay when you are scared."

She bowed her head slightly, staring up at him through her eyelashes. "Give me one good reason why I shouldn't stay?"

Ivar tilted his head to the side as he watched her, his eyes were bright. "Because one day, I will kill you, Iona." He was calm as he spoke. "Just not yet, you are more valuable alive."

She moved her head up properly, "I'll take my chances." The blonde moved her face close to his, their lips almost touching as she whispered. "I have time to change your mind, Ivar."

Their lips met again, the passion between them obvious. His left hand tugged at her hair as his right pressed against her stomach pushing her into the wall that was close. Little Bear's right arm kept around his neck, keeping him close to her whilst her left arm hovered by his, her fingers slowly stroking over his covered arm. She didn't stop him when his hand reached for her throat, she breathed in heavily as he pulled away from her and looked into her dark eyes. He smirked at her before pressing his lips back onto hers.

She loved the way his lips felt against hers, they were smooth and experienced as they moved against hers. She'd had lovers before but none of them made her feel this way, none of their lips was made perfectly for hers like his.

Her lust for blood was being clouded by him, she didn't think about what she had done, she could only think about him, about this moment. As his grip on her throat tightened a little, she felt her craving for him grow. She wanted him to touch every inch of her body, she wanted her hands to explore all of him.