Blood Thirsty

After he let go of her hair, he narrowed his eyes at her before turning away from her. Iona stayed in place for a few seconds longer before she returned laying on the floor. She stared at the wall listening to the sounds in the room. 

The room was loud, loud with the breathing and snoring from the men who slept around her. The other noises she heard were in her head. The voices in her head were loud. They told her things she didn't want to hear, they also told her things that made her question everything she thought she knew and wanted. 

Little Bear didn't remember falling asleep but she definitely felt herself being ripped from her sleep. "You must wake now," the voice was Hvitserk as he shook her shoulders slightly. She looked at him, he was kneeling next to her as his eyes flickered from Ivar to her. "Go," he told her. 

She let out a yawn, from the way she felt she knew that she didn't get much sleep. Sitting up, she leaned against the wall as she stared at the blonde lad in front of her. "Hvitserk, why have you woken me?"

"Just go," he told her as he stood up and looked at Ivar who was opening his eyes. 

Iona rolled her eyes as she got to her feet, after pulling her boots on she grabbed her fur from the floor. Her eyes glanced at Ivar, her mind thinking of the tension that had last night, how close they were before he turned away. Ivar didn't speak as he watched her, he followed her with his eyes as she left the area before Hvitserk took her place. 

XOXOX

Iona did not hang back when it came to the battle. She stood behind the group of brothers at the front of the army. Her eyes flickered around, there was so many things to watch, so many things to take it. She had a sword in her right hand, a shield in her left. Bjorn had tried to convince her that she didn't need to do this, she didn't need to fight but that was what she wanted. 

The fight was hard, Iona had to be quick to stay alive. Being a woman made her stand out, it made people come at her. 

She swung wildly before making a conscious decision to ditch the sword, throwing it as a last attempt to use it, she reached into her waistband and pulled out her axe and knife. Dropping the shield, she smirked as her itch, her thirst for blood was being given to her. 

Running at a man, she jumped up, knocking him down. She buried her axe into his head before licking her lips, pulling it out she continued hitting with it before turning her head to her next target. Sweeping through the people, she slit throats, hit people in the head with her axe almost effortlessly. 

It wasn't to say that it didn't come with her own injuries. As she stood behind someone slitting their throat, she felt a pain in her back. Turning around, she widened her eyes at the man who only held a shield. He put it up to defend himself but she was too quick, her axe hitting him in the head, he fell down quickly as she stood on the shield that was over his body. She reached down pulling the axe from his head, the body spluttering out over her face. 

The look on her face was a smirk, she stepped off the body before looking around. There was a battle cry, she looked over in the direction where she saw Bjorn in the middle of the field with his right hand raised in the air holding his sword. 

She watched as the people around her continued to fight. She wiped her face with her hands, the blood of her last victim smudging over her pale skin. Tilting her head to the side, she watched as people fought around her. 

With every person that rushed at her, she fought them off. She was deadly, her thirst for blood being satisfied with every strike of her axe. Making her way towards her brother, there was suddenly another war cry, then deathly silence. 

A scream pierced the quiet, she watched as Ivar's chariot passed by, King Aelle dragged behind it on the ground for everyone to see. The men around her from his army quickly retreated, heading away. 

She turned her head, her eyes meeting Bjorn's, he was standing with Sigurd and Hvitserk as he stared at the woman that was his sister. Seeing her covered in blood, no emotion on her face reminded him of who she really was. Walking towards her, he noticed she didn't return his smile, she didn't even notice that some of the blood belonged to herself. 

"Sister," Bjorn stood in front of her as he tried to work her out. He remembered how cut off from people she became when she turned into this person. She might have been looking at him but she couldn't see him, she could barely see anything. Bjorn noticed how her eyes were a striking red, he needed to get her out of the trance she found herself in. 

Hvitserk watched from where he stood as Bjorn stood in front of Iona. She didn't speak, she didn't move and from the look on Bjorn's face he could see something was not right with her. Watching the brother and sister, Hvitserk watched as Bjorn put his hands on either side of her head before she closed her eyes. 

"Isn't it beautiful?" She grinned when she opened her eyes and looked at her brother, her blue colour returning to her eyes. A smirk crossed her lips as she moved away from her brother's grip. 

Bjorn watched as she walked away, heading in the direction that Ivar had headed, everyone else seeming to go the same way. He waited and didn't walk until Floki and Hvitserk caught up with him. 

"Is this too much for her?" Hvitserk asked his half brother as they walked alongside each other. "The blood, the battle. I warned her to stay in Kattegat."

"Do not underestimate her strength," Bjorn warned his brother as he spoke about his sister. "She is not like you and I, suppressing her from what she wants will only drive her to it more."

Hvitserk raised his eyebrows as Ivar rounded them again, the King still being dragged for the world to see. Hvitserk watched as for a moment, Iona stopped walking, her eyes following Ivar around, the emotions on her face for anyone to see if they were paying attention.