╰➢ arrows and apples

"YOU'RE AWAKE EARLY."

Nicole looked out of the fire to see Harry at the end of the common room. The girl ushered for him to seat beside her before saying anything, which Harry gladly did so.

"Hermoine keeps on complaining how it takes hours for you to wake up. I've never expected to see you here at 6 in the morning." Harry stated, looking over to the girl. Nicole didn't say anything, instead looking at the fire that continued to crackling fire.

"You okay?" Harry questioned, now feeling slightly worried. Maybe Nicole was pissed of because he kept on ignoring Mcgonagowl the other day, or maybe he did something to somehow piss her off, or maybe—

"Yeah, I'm just disoriented. Just woke up, you know." Nicole mumbled, shaking off her thoughts before a giant smile made it's way on her face. "Guess what? My dad gave me his firebolt! We're definitely going to win the Quidditch cup this year! These is what they use at nationals, Harry."

Harry knew that she was just trying to change the subject, but he decided that there was no harm in going along with it. "Really? Wood's going to be beaming!"

"For sure." Nicole grinned. "Um, Harry... did you take divination?"

"Yes I did." Harry scrunched his eyes in confusion. "Why?"

Nicole let out a groan as she sat beside Aurora who was perhaps the only Slytherin in the room. Proffesor Trewlaney made them sit together, probably not knowing about how they had a reputation of ripping each other's throats out whenever they were in a five meter radius.

The girl has heard of divination before, mostly from her father. He complained and told Nicole that he didn't like the subject and thought it was a load of rubbish, but her mom forced her to take it.

The two of them have been chatting about how they heard that Proffesor Trewlaney was a load of rubbish, and Aurora kept on complaining how she wished that she took arithmancy instead of divination.

"Stop whining." Nicole hissed, looking over to her friends. Oh how she hoped that she would be sitting with them instead of Aurora.

"Welcome, my children."

Nicole visibly sniggered.

"In this room, you shall explore the noble art of Divination. In this room, you shall discover if you possess the Sight!" she stepped over the table, which made Nicole burst into a fit of giggles.

"Hello. I am Professor Trelawney. Together we shall cast ourselves into the future." she said excitedly. "This term, we'll focus on Tasseomancy, the art of reading tea leaves. So please, take the cup of the person sitting opposite you."

"Let's see if you truly posses the sight." Nicole mimicked, handing her cup to her sister. Aurora didn't laugh, now instead trying to focus on what was being shown in Nicole's cup.

"The truth lies buried like a sentence deep within a book, waiting to be read. But first, you must broaden your minds."

"Yours looks like a wonky arrow." Aurora mumbled in confusion, trying to skim past her book to see what it means. Even though she didn't like divination, she needed a high grade.

"Yours looks like an apple." Nicole said flatly. For all she knew, it could be a circle. Reading tea leaves wasn't exactly her best suit.

"You, boy!"

Nicole jumped when Trewlaney appeared infront of Neville who was a few seats beside her. "Is your grandmother quite well?"

"I think so." Neville mumbled nervously.