╰➢ the third task

— "YOU'RE BEING TOO DRAMATIC, CEDRIC

"YOU'RE BEING TOO DRAMATIC, CEDRIC."

The boy laughs, and Aurora could feel herself laughing along as well to the sound. The Aurora that was here right now, laughing along to him was so different from the person she was during her third year. Even she was surprised of herself; she's changed so much.

"Come on," Cedric says jokingly, holding the silver pendant on his hand. It was heart-shaped, designed in a style that Aurora noticed was prominent in their trip to Egypt during her first year. To put it simply, it was really beautiful. "Put it in your neck. It could be your good-luck charm."

Aurora didn't understand why he was being like this. Cedric was acting as if the third task was some sort of huge deal when all they needed to do was run through a maze— however, it seemed like he wouldn't take no for an answer; Aurora didn't have a choice.

"Alright," she smiles softly, gingerly taking the jewelry from his hand. The girl didn't want to break it or anything; especially since it came from Cedric, giving it a lot of sentimental value. "It could be your good-luck charm too."

Cedric smiles. "As long as you're right there, I'll win this thing."

It feels quiet.

The entire world stops. Suddenly everything that ever caused Aurora pain fades away and she's being filled with a feeling of delirium. The universe around her seems to explode with happiness and she believes that she's discovered something that no one has ever experienced before. Not Nicole. Not Pansy. Not Draco. Not Blaise. Just her.

She smiles at Cedric, engulfing him in a hug before she walks over to the stands with her parents, not caring that her father was already fuming in anger.

The girl fidgets with her red Gryffindor suit.

It was much like Fleur's, but Nicole honestly thought that red didn't really look good on her. Her hair was tied up into a loose ponytail with a few baby hairs peeking at the sides, and behind her suit plastered in a blinding white color was "HWANG." Apparently her being reaped for the tournament brought a lot of joy to her relatives in Korea, with Nicole apparently bringing a lot of honor to the family name.

Nicole turns around and looks at her best friend. He looks awful.

"Don't worry, Harry." Nicole whispered, feeling bad at the fact that Harry was practically shaking from nervousness, while she was honestly quite excited for the third task to come. "Everything is gonna be fine."

The boy with glasses looks at her, "You don't know tha—"

Whatever he was about to say didn't come. "Ladies and gentlemen, the third and final task of the Triwizard Tournament is about to begin! Let me remind you how the points currently stand! In first place, with eighty-six points— Ms. Nicole Hwang! Tied in second place with 85 points each — Mr. Cedric Diggory and Mr. Harry Potter, both of Hogwarts School!" The cheers and applause towards the three Hogwarts students sent birds from the Forbidden Forest fluttering into the darkening sky. "In third place, with eighty points — Mr. Viktor Krum, of Durmstrang Institute!" More applause. "And in fourth place — Miss Fleur Delacour, of Beauxbatons Academy!"