╰➢ the yule ball

left - nicoleright - aurora

left - nicole
right - aurora

— NICOLE DIDN'T REALLY DRESS UP IN HER TIME AT HOGWARTS. The girl would always be seen with her hair uncombed, sometimes in a lazy ponytail, on good days, she would ask Hermoine to braid them. It wasn't that she thinks making herself presentable was a bad idea— in fact, she wishes she could— but the girl never found herself the time to fix herself up.

Aurora was always the presentable twin. That's why everyone liked her despite her slightly problematic personality— she was pretty. Of course, Nicole was too, but Aurora's beauty was more evident, while Nicole didn't take care of herself that much.

That was what Aurora had realized hours before the Yule Ball. Nicole didn't take care of herself. Now that she was one of the Tri-Wizard champions, she needed to look the best as she could, since Rita Skeeter would probably be somewhere in the ball snapping pictures of her.

It prompted the Sytherin to do something she never expected herself to do.

"I'm fixing you up for the ball."

Nicole, who was about to eat her toast, stopped mid-way. Aurora? Helping her? This must be a dream.

But in fact, it wasn't a dream. Hours later, Aurora stood in her sister's dorms, trying to fix her hair. The Slytherin even went as far as using Sleekeazy's Hair Potion, which Hermoine had also used. Ginny, who was the only third year who got into the ball was also in their dorm.

"Nicole Yvaine Hwang. Stop moving." Aurora hissed, trying to fix her sister's hair. Ginny looked towards the two and grinned in her pink dress; while Nicole merely frowned. Aurora was being to rough with her hair.

Her long hair was down, and Aurora was braiding a few sections of her hair like she had wanted to. The girl then cast an unfamiliar spell, which made some flowers line up on her braids.

"See, now you don't look like rubbish." Aurora said flatly after she had finished. Nicole looked at the mirror that was hung in their dormitories, a smile starting to dance on her face. She didn't look like herself— she looked stunning.

"I can't be here any longer now that my work is done." Aurora explained, looking at the mirror one last time before she finished her final touches on her hair. The older Hwang twin was wearing an elegant white dress that made her look like a princess of some sort. "I got to meet with Pansy and Daphne for a moment. See you."

When the only Slytherin left the room, Ginny had decided to go down to the common room as well, since she needed to meet up with Neville. The youngest Weasley gave Hermoine and Nicole one last look of encouragement before she left the room.

The two best friends shot each other a smile once the last person in the room besides them left.

Nicole looked at Hermoine up and down, her grin widening when she sees her robes made of a floaty, pink material. "You look beautiful, Mione."