╰➢ moonlight

— "HERMOINE, DO YOU KNOW A BOY NAMED CORMAC MCGALGGEN?"

"Oh no," Hermoine mumbled, eyes set on back of the newspaper that Nicole was reading. "Oh no. Oh no. No."

Nicole raised a brow. So Hermoine didn't know who he was— but why did she seem so upset about it? "Jeez, Hermoine. I never knew you hated him so much. I was just about to say I thought that he looks really good—"

"It's not that!" Hermoine exclaimed, grabbing the newspaper and turning it over so the opposite page would face Nicole.

Her eyes scan the piece of moving paper— there was no way. No fucking way.

"Look, I'm sure that Sirius, Mr. Hwang and Lupin, l got this handled.. They've— I'm sure Dumbledore is working right this minute." However, based of the fact that she was biting her lip nervously and had her face away from Nicole made her think that she wasn't actually sure.

"Look, Nic." Rob says, his voice calm at the moment. No matter how much he did it, it still irked her to no end. "I know you're worried right now but—"

"Stop talking to me like that."

"Like what?"

"Like I'm about to explode! You're being so nice and—" her voice cracked slightly, "You don't understand how it's been for me all summer. Everyone's treating me like I'll break any minute now! I'm... I tried to act normal. I tried talking about boys. Just because.. the thing happened last June you've been distant with me. I fucking hate it!"

"Nico—"

"I tried talking to you guys normally. Ginny's distant. The twins wont even joke around with me that much anymore. Stop talking to me like I'm on thin ice— please. It makes things far worse than it's supposed to be." Pausing to take a breath of air, she continues. "The only person who's making me feel normal is Aurora. At least she isn't acting like I'm gonna fucking explode any minute now. I'd prefer her beating my ass than you two being nice to me."

"Ni—"

"Bye." Nicole hissed, standing up from the soft bed. "I'm sending Harry that letter now."

As she walked away, Nicole knew that she was being irrational and that Hermoine and Ron were only trying to help her, but it bothered her to no end. Sure, seeing Cedric die infront of her was easily the most traumatic thing she'd ever experience, plus the thing that happened with Ellis, but all she wanted to do was forget it. But with the people acting like she was about to burst in tears any moment now constantly reminded her of what happened.

"Where are you going?" A voice echoed out as she slammed the door (softly, she didn't want to deal with Kreacher) and walked over towards the main table.

The words came out of her mouth before she could think of it, the sarcasm way too evident than she intended for it to be. "I'm going to talk to the cute muggle boy next door."

But the moment she realize the words she said, Nicole paused, slowly turning around to check who heard it.

A breath of relief came next. Sirus. She'll be fine.

"You're lucky your parents aren't here." he laughed, taking a bite of whatever monstrosity was in the bowl. "I don't know why Atlas doesn't like you dating. He had five girlfriends at the same time when he was your age."