╰➢ reconciliation

— NICOLE SMILED AS SHE WAS HELD UP WITH HARRY BY FRED AND GEORGE. As soon as she got healed, the Gryffindor students snatched her and brought her along to the common room with Harry.

Her injuries didn't last. In fact, they healed away pretty quickly. Madam Pomfrey found it quite weird, but Nicole didn't really give it much thought. She was just happy to be alive and well, unlike Harry who had to get a crutch.

"We knew you two wouldn't die! Lose a leg." George teased.

"Or an arm."

"Pack it in altogether?"

"Never!" they say together excitedly.

Nicole smiled, feeling much better than she'd been days before. The Gryffindor common room was extremely loud from all the cheering, and Nicole couldn't help but smile bashfully at the attention she and Harry were getting at the moment.

Nicole threw her egg down to Seamus, who was also holding the other golden egg.

"Shush!" he exclaimed, handing the eggs over to the champions. "Go on, you two. What's the clue?"

Nicole took the egg first and glanced around the room, the smile still on her face. "Who wants us to open it?"

"Yes!"

"Do you want us to open it?" Harry encouraged again, shooting everyone wide smiles all around.

"Yes!"

They both glanced at each other, having a silent agreement to open it at the same time. Nicole and Harry twisted the knob at the same time, and as the sides dropped, a loud, shrill screech was heard.

Nicole fell to the floor since Fred and George dropped her down to cover their ears. Harry had already managed to close his, and it took the girl a few more seconds until she sealed it shut.

"What the bloody hell was that?"

Nicole and Harry looked at the doorway to see Ron— who hasn't talked to them ever since their names got reaped. Nicole frantically looked at Hermoine, and the twins seemed to notice the change of atmosphere because they started to laugh.

"All right, everyone!" said George. "Go back to your knitting. This is gonna be uncomfortable enough without all you nosy sods listening in."

Everyone started to make space as Ron walked towards his friends. He shot an arm out to Nicole, who was still on the floor, and she gladly took it and faced Ron.

"I reckon you two have to be barking mad to put your own names in the Goblet of Fire."

"Caught on, have you?" Harry asked.

"Took you long enough." Nicole added.

"I wasn't the only one who thought you two had done it." Ron said, as if the two of them didn't know it. "Everyone was saying it behind your backs."

"Brilliant. That makes us feel loads better."

"Least I warned you about the dragons." Ron said in an amused tone. Nicole looked at the two in confusion— Ron didn't warn her about the dragons.

"Hagrid warned me about the dragons." Harry said sternly, looking at the confused girl beside him.

"No, no, no, I did." Ron insisted. "No, don't you remember? I told Hermione to tell you that Seamus told me that Parvati told Dean that Hagrid was looking for you. Seamus never actually told me anything, so it was really me all along. I thought we'd be all right, you know... after you'd figured that out."

"Hey, what about me?" Nicole looked at the two of them. "I was never warned by Ron."

"I was going to warn you." Ron said as if it was the most obvious thing in the world. "But you were throwing rocks with lover boy. I figured out that if I'd tell Harry he'd tell you."