╰➢ rita skeeter

— THE NEXT SUNDAY MORNING, NICOLE DIDN'T WANT TO GET UP

— THE NEXT SUNDAY MORNING, NICOLE DIDN'T WANT TO GET UP. It took Hermoine, Lavander, and Pavarti to all bond and physically pull her out of her bed to stand up. Nicole was surprised to see that her dormmates didn't hate her; but she was still pissed cause Ron didn't believe her.

Eventually, they managed to pull her out of bed. Hermoine tried to make her dress into something more presentable, but she just stayed in her pajamas as she made her way down to the common room.

Expecting for her Gryffindor mates to get mad at her, they were treating her like a hero. They started pestering her questions about how she put herself in— and no matter how much she tried to tell them she didn't, they kept ignoring her.

Then Harry came down, all alone. Hermoine looked over to Nicole, and the girl immediately understood what that look meant. Giving her a nod of encouragement, Nicole let Hermoine talk to Harry while she made herself down the great hall all alone.

The Gryffindor table was welcoming; the other tables? Not that much. The Ravenclaws were glaring her down while the Hufflepuffs, whom she was normally friends with, were also glaring her down. The Slytherins stares were so intense that she wanted to disappear and let the ground eat her whole.

"Nic?"

"I DIDN'T FUCKING PUT MY NAME IN—"

The girl turned around in expiration, expecting for whoever who turned up to ask her the same question. Her eyes went as wide as a plate when she spotted Ellis.

"Hello." he said, holding up a stack of toast, which she was carrying in a napkin. "I brought you this. Want to go for a walk?"

They were soon striding across the lawn toward the lake, where the Durmstrang ship was moored, reflected blackly in the water. It was a chilly morning, and they kept moving, munching their toast, as Nicole told Ellis exactly what had happened.

"You believe me, right?" Nicole asked, looking at him in concern. To her immense relief, Ellis accepted her story without question.

"Of course I do." he whispered softly. "You must be crazy if you really did put your name in. And you're a fourth year— no offense, but that type of magic is out of your capabilities."

"Exactly!" Nicole exclaimed, taking another bite out of her toast. She started to eat out of rage.

"I tried to explain to my schoolmates." Ellis mumbled, briefly remembering how they told him to stop hanging out with her, because apparently she was a cheat. "They don't really understand..."

"Nic!"

It was another voice. A much familiar voice. Aurora came running down towards the pair— catching her breath on the process. Ellis bid Nicole goodbye and then walked off to their carriage, getting the idea that she needed to talk to her sister.

"I didn't put my n—"

"I know." Aurora cut her off, still tired from running from the castle to the black lake. "I know you're stupid, but you won't do something like that. Cedric believes you guys too."