╰➢ morning talks

"YOU'RE STUPID, DRACO. DO YOU KNOW THAT?"

Draco ignored Aurora, clutching his arm in fake despair. The girl rolled her eyes as she shot Blaise a look that mocked the boy, to which he responded back to an overdramatic sigh, mocking Pansy who was all over him.

Weeks had passed by ever since the incident. Nicole, who was sitting in the Gryffindor table could hear every word that came out of his mouth.

"Are you hearing him?" Nicole rolled her eyes, stabbing her fork into the lump of mashed potatoes. "I can't believe he wants to be a quidditch player. With a wuss like him, he doesn't stand a chance." she ranted, looking up to her friends who seemed to have the same look of annoyance.

"He's really laying it on thick, isn't he?" Ron shook his head in annoyance, wanting nothing except to be somewhere else rather than listen to Draco moaning and groaning.

"At least Hagrid didn't get fired." Harry mumbled, looking at the Slytherin table to see Aurora smacking Draco's head with her hand. Nicole saw this too, and let out a soft smile before she faced her friends. "Yeah but my mom said that Draco's father's furious. She sent an owl thinking that it had something to do with me. Apparently, he's really mad. We haven't heard the end of this."

"Your mom knows Draco's dad?" Ron questioned curiously.

"Yes, Ron. Apparently when Mom's family moved here from Ireland, apparently they lived next to the Blacks, which made mom and Malfoy's mom friends. Doesn't matter. I know his dad won't just let this slide." Nicole explained, shaking her head.

Harry was about to say something, about to ask why during their three years of friendship would Nicole only tell them now that she and Draco were family friends, but Seamus suddenly started screaming as he entered the great hall.

"He's been sighted! He's been sighted!" he ran over to the table, slamming his copy of the Daily Prophet.

"Who?" Ron questioned, sliding over to see.

"Sirius Black!" Seamus exclaimed as if it was obvious.

Nicole looked behind her to see her sister trailing behind some of the few Ravenclaws, trying to get a glimpse of the paper. The news of Sirus Black getting sighted was definitely something interesting.

"Dufftown? That's not far from here." Hermoine said worriedly, looking at Harry.

"You don't think he'd come to Hogwarts, do you?" Nevillie's worried voice was heard. Nicole scoffed, placing her now cold mashed potatoes away as she looked at the boy. "There's demetors at every entrance, Nev. Maybe it isn't—"

"Dementors? He's already slipped past them once." Seamus retorted. "Who's to say he won't do it again?"

"That's right. Black could be anywhere. It's like trying to catch smoke. Like trying to catch smoke with your bare hands."

Nicole gave Harry a worried look.

"What are you doing here?"

Nicole turned around from the fire once again to look at Harry. Quickly hiding the letter she had in her hand, she faced the boy and showed him a giant smile. "Harry! Hey! How are ya?"

"This is the second time you've been here at dawn. Are you okay?" Harry asked genuinely, taking a seat beside her. His eyes trailed off to her hands which seemed to have a crumpled paper on it.

Nicole sighed; noticing that Harry saw it. Letting out a defeated sigh, she uncrumpled the letter and handed it over to him. "Here. Read it."

Nicole,