╰➢ first task

— "GOOD MORNING

"GOOD MORNING."

Nicole looked up from her charms book, her eyes meeting with Harry's nervous ones.

"Good morning." she mumbled back, not as nervous as him.

It wasn't that she wasn't scared, because she was— a lot, actually. Her parents couldn't attend because they had been flown back to Bulgaria for a surprise team meeting, and Nicole was actually quite thankful for that. She didn't know how she could manage it if here parents were to come— she would probably die out of nerves.

Lots of people were also watching their table. Slytherins were whispering amongst themselves at the sight of one of them sitting in there— but it wasn't like Aurora wouldn't wish her sister some luck. Why were they even surprised?

"You'll do great, Nic." Aurora patted her back. The fact that she was here supporting her instead of Cedric was surprising to her, but Nicole had no time to dwell on it because she was extremely nervous.

Proffessor Mcgonagall was then hurrying towards them in the great hall. Nicole sighed, placing her toast down. It was time.

"Hwang, Potter, the champions have to come down onto the grounds now... You have to get ready for your first task."

"Good luck, you two." Hermoine whispered. "You'll both be fine!"

"You'll do amazing, Nic." Ellis tried to assure her, and Aurora, who got along well with the French boy (surprisingly) nodded her head.

Nicole wordlessly followed Professor Mcgonagall and Harry. The teeacher didn't seem herself either; in fact, she looked nearly as anxious as Hermione. As she walked them down the stone steps and out into the cold November afternoon, she put her hand on their shoulders.

"Now, don't panic," she said, "just keep a cool head.. We've got wizards standing by to control the situation if it gets out of hand. . . . The main thing is just to do your best, and nobody will think any the worse of you two. Are you two all right?"

"Yes."

"You both are to go in here with the other champions," said Professor McGonagall, in a rather shaky sort of voice, "and wait for your turn. Mr. Crouch is in there.. he'll be telling you the — the procedure... Good luck."

"Thanks," said Nicole, in a flat, distant voice. She left them at the entrance of the tent. They both went inside.

Fleur Delacour was sitting in a corner on a low wooden stool. She didn't look nearly as composed as usual, but rather pale and clammy. Viktor Krum looked even surlier than usual, which Harry supposed was his way of showing nerves. Cedric was pacing up and down.

Nicole walked over and sat on a stool next to Fleur. The blonde girl shot her a smile that seemed forced— but Nicole wasn't blaming her. This was extremely nerve wrecking.