╰➢ good luck

— RUSHING INTO THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM WITH THE BIGGEST SMILE ON HER FACE, Nicole Hwang was met with confused glances, courtesy of Fred and George

RUSHING INTO THE GRYFFINDOR COMMON ROOM WITH THE BIGGEST SMILE ON HER FACE, Nicole Hwang was met with confused glances, courtesy of Fred and George. However, the furrowed eyebrows disappeared in an instant, and in a matter of seconds, the Weasley twins were smirking at her.

"You seem happy, Nicky dear." Fred started, a smirk dancing on his lips.

"Exactly," George added, leaning forward from the couch, his smile matching his twin. "Is it because of—"

The portrait door opened, and in came Atlas Hwang, his eyes overlooking the common room he had grown to miss. It seemed so long ago since he last visited it. The man only remembered that he was practically a celebrity around Hogwarts when a first-year asked for his signature, which he used to his full extend when he realized that he wasn't unlike any other parent.

He was allowed to roam around the school grounds whenever he wanted to.

His eyes scanned the room, the lot of squashy armchairs, the fireplace, the tables— everything. Unknown to him, Nicole went to the corner of the room and grabbed a book from a first-year student, which she then used to slam on Fred and George's heads, respectively.

"We're gonna leave, honey." her mother had called out once her husband stopped acting like a kid that was brought to the candy store for the first time. However, once she has said this, the Gryffindor common room turns dead quiet— each and every single one of them knowing the incident that happened in Nicole's third year.

"Okay," the girl smiled awkwardly, now trying to get her parents out of the common room as fast as possible before a single one of them notices something. "I'll see you before the third task. Bye, mom. Bye, dad."

They wave goodbye and walk out of the portrait hole.

"Merlin," Nicole hissed, her eyes dancing over to the redheads who were still dramatically rubbing their heads even though she didn't hit them hard. "You two are so noisy. Dad could've heard you!"

"But he didn't!"

"Exactl- ow!"

Nicole sighed, handing the book back to the terrified first-year student. He looked like he was about to pee his pants (probably because Nicole had never talked to him before), and all she could do was offer him a smile while she went back to the sofa and sat beside Fred, her whole purpose for coming here dawning back on her like a wave.

Eyes trailing around the Gryffindor common room, "Have you two seen Hermoine? Or Ron? Or Harry?"

"They just went in."

"Came looking for you minutes ago." Fred but in. "Said something about going to Hagrid's."

"Okay..." Nicole mumbled, still unsure of where her friends were. "Where are they now?"

George slapped his face with his palm. "Going to Hagrid's."

The girl felt really stupid. With that, Nicole came rushing out of the Gryffindor common room with her face almost as red as the walls that surrounded them.