╰➢ binding magical contract

— NICOLE SAT IN THE BEAUXBATONS TABLE, listening intensely to Ellis who was telling her about their school also had a sorting ceremony at the beginning of the school year, but it was a lot different from Hogwarts

"In order to be sorted, you must shoot a silver arrow across the room." he explained. "Then after several seconds, the arrow will burst into sparks of your house color: Purple for Papillionlisse, Blue for OmbreLune and green for Bellefeuille."

"Shoot an arrow? That sounds so amazing." Nicole smiled. "Way better than what they do here. I don't know if you saw it, but they put a hat in your head."

"I was wondaireng, Miss Tomato. What does la 'ouse you aré een méan?" Fleur asked Nicole. No matter how many times she was called Miss Tomato, it still made her red every single time. Ellis calls her that so much that the rest of the students might have thought that was her name.

"Gryffindor is the brave house. Hufflepuff is the kind house. Slytherin is the mean house. Ravenclaw is the smart house. It obviously goes deeper than that but I don't really know how to explain it." Nicole stated, taking a bite out of her toast. From the corner of her eye, she could see her friends staring her as if she was mental for sitting with the students of Beauxbatons.

"Dumbledore is coming pretty soon.." Nicole trailed off, looking back at the students wearing silk robes. "I'll go back to them."

"Be careful, Miss Tomato."

"Ellis, what could possibly happen to me while I walk over to my friends?" Nicole joked, standing up. She was about to make her way to the table happily before she felt something in her hand.

A hand in her hand.

Oh no.

Nicole and Ellis have been talking about their own respective schools and at one point, he put his hand on hers.

"I'm leaving. Goodbye." Nicole rushed out, practically sprinting towards the Gryffindor table. Some of the Beauxbatons girls laughed at her while Ellis simply grinned, sending her a wink as she sat down on her chair.

"Having fun, are we?"

"I am, actually." Nicole snapped at Ron. "What's your problem? Ever since I've been hanging out with Ellis you've been acting all weird."

Ron was about to say something, but stopped. He figured out that it was best to just remain silent. The timinf of Dumbledore entering the hall was on point, became it seemed like Ron and Nicole were about to have a brawl.

"Sit down. Please." Dumbledore ushered the students. Nicole, who felt a little petty, shoved Ron past and sat between Hermoine and Dean.

"Well, the goblet is almost ready to make its decision," said Dumbledore. "I estimate that it requires one more minute. Now, when the champions' names are called, I would ask them please to come up to the top of the Hall, walk along the staff table, and go through into the next chamber" — he indicated the door behind the staff table — "where they will be receiving their first instructions."