╰➢ the second task

— "DO YOU FINALLY GET IT, HERMiONE?"

"DO YOU FINALLY GET IT, HERMiONE?"

The girl sighed, shutting her book as her eyes trailed towards her friend in annoyance. Nicole wasn't making any sense at all; why couldn't she just tell Harry herself instead of making her go tell him?

"So, I'm supposed to tell Harry that Cedric was told by Viktor told Aurora who told me to tell him that he needs to go to the Prefects Bathroom and place his egg underwater?"

"Yes." Nicole confirmed, grinning proudly. "But! Tell him not to go tonight since I'm in there. Tell him that the password is Pine-fresh too."

Hermoine wasn't sure how she could hold all this information in, but she nodded nonetheless. She and Ron weren't really in speaking terms, and Nicole couldn't tell Harry herself since she was still pissed about the map incident.

Nevertheless, she nodded.

"Perfect!" Nicole exclaimed, clapping her hands together. "I need to go practice something with Ellis, I'll see you later."

Before Hermione could say anything, the girl was bouncing and running outside. Hermione found herself smiling; her friend had been way more happy and bubbly ever since the Yule Ball, unlike her. Seeing Nicole happy made her feel a lot less crappier.

The door creaked open. Nicole slipped inside and bolted the door behind her.

Her immediate reaction was that it would be worth becoming a prefect just to be able to use this bathroom. It was softly lit by a splendid candle-filled chandelier, and everything was made of white marble, including what looked like an empty, rectangular swimming pool sunk into the middle of the floor. About a hundred golden taps stood all around the pool's edges, each with a differently colored jewel set into its handle. There was also a diving board. Long white linen curtains hung at the windows; a large pile of fluffy white towels sat in a corner, and there was a single golden framed painting on the wall. It featured a blonde mermaid who was fast asleep on a rock, her long hair over her face. It fluttered every time she snored.

Maybe I should stay out of trouble for the time being. Be a prefect for Gryffindor next year, or something.

Nicole put one of the fluffy towels and the egg at the side of the swimming-pool- sized bath, then knelt down and turned on a few of the taps.

One tap gushed pink and blue bubbles the size of footballs; another poured ice-white foam so thick that Nicole thought it would have supported her weight if she'd cared to test it; a third sent heavily perfumed purple clouds hovering over the surface of the water.

Nicole amused herself for a while turning the taps on and off, particularly enjoying the effect of one whose jet bounced off the surface of the water in large arcs.

Then, when the deep pool was full of hot water, foam, and bubbles, which took a very short time considering its size, Nicole turned off all the taps, pulled off her pajamas, slippers, and dressing gown, and slid into the water.