╰➢ crowsfeet

— "NICOLE?"

The girl turned around, her face turning red at the sight of Cedric Diggory. She wanted to punch herself for this— he was clearly head over heels for her sister and it seemed like she liked him too, but no matter how much she tried she couldn't get rid of her crush on him.

"Looking for Aurora, I suppose?" Nicole questioned, shutting her potions book.

Cedric smiled, beaming at the girl. "Yes, actually! She said she was going to meet me at lunchtime, but I haven't seen her yet. Since you're her sister, I thought that you might have an idea where—"

"Behind you." the smile on Nicole's face was awfully big; and it looked quite peculiar on her.

Ron and Harry who were at the end of the table looked confused.

Aurora, who Nicole often saw in a scowl; was now smiling happily. It was as if her personality did a whole 180.

"Hi, Nic. Still trying to pass potions?"

Well, maybe not a whole 180. Still, Aurora changed ever since she appeared at the quidditch game wearing a scarlet shirt. It seemed like Cedric was a goon influence on her, and that's what pained Nicole so much. Having a crush on him was just... wrong.

"Yeah, Cedric was looking for you." taking her books and shoving them into her bag in a rush, Nicole quickly left the table to go somewhere else— anywhere else but there.

Aurora found this quite skeptical, but decided that there wasn't really anything she could do about whatever problem she was having. The girl chose to go with Cedric to the courtyard instead.

"Mate, do you think you should go after her? She seems a little upset." Ron stated, watching the short girl go out the great hall.

Harry shook his head. "We should probably just let her be."

"Broaden your minds. You must look beyond. The art of crystal gazing is in the clearing of the Inner Eye.Only then can you see."

Nicole sighed, trowing her book away. Trewlany didn't seem to notice, as she was rather focused on Harry, Hermoine, and Ron's table.

Today's lesson was crystal balls. They were supposed to be see the beyond in them, but all Aurora could see and hear was Nicole moaning and groaning infront of her.

"Nicole, focus." Aurora hissed, still wanting to ace the class. "Do you see anything?"

"All I see is a hoard of smoke." Nicole deadpanned, stretching her legs and yawning loudly. Dean Thomas laughed at this, and Aurora decided to just give up since Nicole was right. Divination was a load of rubbish.

"Oh, do you mind me trying?" Hermoine said from the other table. Nicole scrunched her eyes and looked over to her friend. She has been complaining thousandths of times about how she didn't like divination, and this definitely interested her.

"The Grim, possibly." Hermoine continued. Trewlany's mouth dropped open.

"My dear, from the first moment you stepped foot in my class... I sensed that you did not possess the proper spirit... for the noble art of Divination."

Aurora couldn't help but giggle.

"No, you see, there. You may be young in years, but the heart that beats beneath your bosom is as shriveled as an old maid's, your soul as dry as the pages of the books... to which you so desperately cleave."

This must have annoyed Hermoine, as she stood up and knocked the crystal ball over their table. The whole class was silent— Hermoine had never done something like that before.