╰➢ explanation

— "SO, VIKTOR'S TREASURE, HUH?"

"SO, VIKTOR'S TREASURE, HUH?"

Nicole wiggled her eyebrows, and Hermoine let out a teasing laught at how childish her friend was being. For all she knew, she had all the rights to tease her as well on her treasure, which was Ellis, but she knew that wasting her precious time on tormenting her friend who was already thinking about a lot of things wouldn't be good.

"You in first place... Harry in third place.. this is surreal." Hermoine said, slamming a book down. When the two of her friends were called, she never expected them to go this far— much less lead the tournament.

"I know." Nicole agrees, looking out the window. At first, everything was scary, but now, she was starting to think that she could handle everything that was thrown at her.

"Have you read the new artice that Rita Skeeter made?" Hermoine questions, and Nicole shakes her head. The girl had enough of the woman spreading malicious lies about her, and decided to just ignore them if she didn't want to go batshit crazy on the woman.

"It's just.. how did she know that Viktor asked me to visit him over summer?"

"He did?" Nicole asked, throwing the charm book away.

"He asked me right after he'd pulled me out of the lake," Hermione muttered. "After he'd got rid of his shark's head. Madam Pomfrey gave us both blankets and then he sort of pulled me away from the judges so they wouldn't hear, and he said, if I wasn't doing anything over the summer, would I like to—"

"And what did you say?" Nicole interrupted her.

"And he did say he'd never felt the same way about anyone else," Hermione went on, going very much red, "but how could Rita Skeeter have heard him? She wasn't there ... or was she? Maybe she has got an Invisibility Cloak; maybe she sneaked onto the grounds to watch the second task..."

"So what did you say?" Nicole interrupted her again, very much interested.

"I said—"

Mcgonagowl rushed in the room, carrying a letter. Nicole looked at the owl in a confused manner, confused at why her parents had replied to her so fast.

"Read them for me, Hermoine. I'm too lazy."

Hermoine shot her a glare.

"Please?"

Hermoine sighed, taking the letter away from the girl and begun reading. "Dear Nicole, your father and I have been hearing certain rumors from our teammates, specifically, about your dating life..."

"Oh no." Nicole groaned.

"But when your father and I saw who wrote it, we know it isn't true. Rita Skeeter is notoriously famous for her lies, so I hope you have a good explanation for that picture on the article. What picture?" Hermoine asked, not aware of the past articles since it didn't involve her.