╰➢ hufflepuff vs. gryffindor

"TURN TO PAGE 394."

Nicole snapped out of her trance, looking behind her to see Snape. She was somewhat surprised, Why Snape? What was he doing here?

Harry seemed to be having the same thought. "Excuse me, sir. Where's Professor Lupin?"

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter? Suffice it to say your professor finds himself incapable of teaching... at the present time. Turn to page 394."

"What's wrong with Professor Lupin?" Nicole asked, really wishing Lupin would be the one teaching them instead of Snape.

"Nothing life threatening." he deadpanned. "Five points from Gryffindor for interrupting."

He tapped the projector at the back of the classroom, and lit up the screen. Ron turned his pages lazily which Snape must have noticed, which prompted him to do it himself. Ron almost had a heart attack.

"Werewolves?" Ron read loudly.

"But sir, we just learned about red caps and hinkypunks." Hermoine stated. "We're not meant to start that for weeks."

"Quiet."

"When did she come in?" Ron asked Nicole, looking at Hermoine who was now beside Harry. "Did you see her come in?"

Nicole shook her head in confusion.

"Now, which one of you can tell me the difference... between an Animagus and a werewolf?"

Hermoine raised her hand, while everyone else (surprisingly, including Aurora too) didn't.

"No one? How disappointing."

"Please, sir. An Animagus is a wizard who elects to turn into an animal. A werewolf has no choice. With each full moon, when he transforms, he no longer remembers who he is. He'd kill his best friend if he crossed his path. Furthermore, the werewolf only responds to the call of its own kind."

Draco howled so everyone could hear the call. Both Nicole and Aurora rolled their eyes.

"Thank you, Mr. Malfoy." Snape acknowledged him. "That's the second time... you've spoken out of turn, Miss Granger. Are you incapable of restraining yourself... or do you take pride in being an insufferable know-it-all?"

"But if it was a Slytherin answering you'd have no problem with that, right?" Nicole spoke out loud, voicing her thoughts.

Snape sent her a cold glare. "Detention today, Miss Hwang.  Another five points from Gryffindor for Miss Grander.  As an antidote to your ignorance, and on my desk, by Monday morning... two rolls of parchment on the werewolf, with emphasis... on recognizing it."

"Sir, it's Quidditch tomorrow." Harry exclaimed.

"And you can't give me detention today. I need to practice!" Nicole exclaimed as well, which made Snape annoyed.

"Then I suggest you take extra care, Ms. Hwang and Mr. Potter." he said coldly. "Loss of limb will not excuse you. Page 394." Snape straightened his back and began walking behind the class. "The term "werewolf"... is a contraction of the Anglo-Saxon word "were"... which means "man," and "wolf." Werewolf, man-wolf. There are several ways to become a werewolf. They include being given the power of shape-shifting... being bitten by a werewolf..."

Nicole sighed, not bothering to pay attention.

"Oh, there you guys are."

The trio looked up to see Nicole with a giant smile on her face, walking towards the Gryffindor table. The three of them looked at her in confusion— she was always usually stressed before Quidditch matches (being all snappy towards everyone she sees) and seeing her with a huge smile before a match was unusual.