╰➢ dates

—"COME ON HARRY

"COME ON HARRY. GIVE ME THE MAP FOR TODAY. FRED AND GEORGE SAID WE SHOULD SHARE."

"For important matters!" Harry exclaimed, trying to hold the map above Nicole. The girl was really small, so all her efforts of trying to grab it was futile.

"We sneaked into Hogsmeade at third year, Harry. That wasn't a matter of life and death." Nicole deadpanned, starting to get annoyed at how Harry wasn't giving her the map. Fred and George explicitly said that they were to share the map— and he was acting like a complete prick right now.

"That's— different." Harry countered back. "You're using it to sneak around with some boy at night."

That's what pissed Nicole off. Whenever he used the map for weird stuff, she never questioned him. Harry Potter had absolutely no right to dictate her on what she wanted to do with the map; especially because the rule was to share it.

"You know what..." Nicole trailed off, grabbing her hat that was one of the common room tables and aggressively pushing it down her head. "That map isn't mine anymore. You can have it all to yourself."

Harry's eyes widened. "That's not wha—"

"No, keep it." Nicole said in a sarcastic tone. "Whatever I do isn't important anyway. I'd rather be snogging Ellis right now than waste my time talking to you."

With that, Nicole stomped out of the common room and slammed the portrait hole with so much force that it would have probably woken up some Gryffindors. 

Harry sighed and covered his face with a pillow.

"Thank Merlin you thought me that Disenchantment Spell." Nicole said gratefully, removing her coat as the two of them entered the Three Broomsticks. "Snape could have seen me. Sneaking at night would probably be 50 points."

Nicole had been right that there would be no students in there. Ellis was fascinated by the place, and when he spotted the piano at the back of the room, he had found a way to show off by playing it.

The two of them talked about everything they could manage, with Nicole narrowly avoiding what happened before the first task because it definable embarrassed her. Besides the fact that she would turn blood red whenever she remembered it, everything went quite well.

But now they were growing restless on the hard wooden stools and Nicole thought that if she had any more butterbeer she might explode. Nicole was about to suggest that they head back to the castle, but it seemed like Ellis had a better idea than that.

"Wanna walk out?"

Nicole didn't really know what it was with him. Every time he speaks to her, she gets an involuntary rush of happiness, like flying around the Quidditch field in her broom. And his laugh? Oh, Ellis' laugh. That boyish yet throaty chuckle sounds cheeky and warm all at once. It's infectious.