╰➢ ellis antione dubois

Nicole didn't care that Voldemort was just a few meters away from her, and that her neck was starting to bruise at the amount of pressure; all she cared about that the fact that Ellis was standing right there, unharmed and undetected

What was Ellis doing here?

His eyes met hers. For a split second, she thought that he was going to do something— maybe cast the killing curse on Voldemort or something good; praying that Ellis wasn't here to serve the dark lord.

He walked beside Peter, who's robes were shin­ing with blood now; he had wrapped the stump of his arm in them.

"My Lord..." he choked, "my Lord...you promised...you did promise..."

"Hold out your arm," said Volde­mort lazi­ly.

"Oh Mas­ter...thank you, Mas­ter..."

He ex­tend­ed the bleed­ing stump, but Voldemort laughed again.

"The oth­er arm, Worm­tail."

"Mas­ter, please...please..."

Maybe Harry must've noticed the particular boy standing beside him, as his eyes snapped over to his friend, fear and confusion clouding his irises. He tried mouthing something, but all Nicole could make out was: What's all this? Why is he here?

"Ah.... Ellis."

Nicole wished she was in some kind of dream. Maybe she was just having a nightmare. Maybe the third task hasn't even started. This was too much for her to handle; all the emotions overwhelming her at once was too much.

However, her fears were confirmed when Volde­mort bent down and pulled out Ellis' left arm; he forced the sleeve of his robes up past his el­bow, and Nicole saw some­thing up­on the skin there, some­thing like a vivid red tat­too - a skull with a snake pro­trud­ing from its mouth - the im­age that had ap­peared in the sky at the Quid­ditch World Cup: the Dark Mark.

His eyes meet Nicole's for a moment, before he bows politely, "It is an honor, my lord."

This heartbreak feels cold. It feels like concrete drying in her chest. This heartbreak was unexpected, as they always are - top of the world one minute and cut down the next. Ellis, out of all the people who could do this to her... Ellis.

Nicole knew that she wasn't exactly a relatively kind person, but with a dagger to her neck, she wouldn't have done the same thing to him, if she had the chance. Hell, she would've rather died.

Grief sat inside her like cement. She was sinking. She knew at any moment she was bound to implode, so she moved carefully. Nicole started breathing slowly, focusing her eyes on the ground instead of the boy who she'd learn to like so much over the past months.

The air was sud­den­ly full of the swish­ing of cloaks. Be­tween graves, be­hind the yew tree, in ev­ery shad­owy space, wiz­ards were Ap­pa­rat­ing. All of them were hood­ed and masked. And one by one they moved for­ward...slow­ly, cau­tious­ly, as though they could hard­ly be­lieve their eyes Volde­mort stood in si­lence, wait­ing for them.