Chapter 34

6 months later

Ava's POV

Time passes slowly when you're waiting for something. It passes really slowly. So much has happened these past six months. In the first month we had a mini vacation at Disneyland and spent Christmas with our family. In the second month we brought in the new year and Jana passes away. She was cremated and her parents spread her ashes as she requested. All her money and belongings were left to J-Luke. He'll have them in his possession when he is 18. In the third month, we tried for another baby. We didn't get pregnant and so I decided to postpone it some more. In the fourth month, we signed John-Luke up for spring sports. In the fifth month, Bentley turned one. He is a walking machine now. I can't hardly keep up with him. He's getting a few words out there too. In the sixth month, as I promised, I stopped my birth control and we started trying for another baby. It was harder to get alone time though because Austin's business was thriving. People were getting income tax back and wanted new houses, lawns, gardens, and all kinds of stuff. He came home dirty most days.

Back to the matter at hand, waiting. I hate waiting. I'm an impatient person. Austin had come home from work and something told me to take a test. So while J-Luke was washing up for dinner and Bentley watching tv in his bumbo in our room, I peed in a cup and stuck three tests in, just to be sure. I laid them on the sink counter after sterilizing them.

"Are the ready yet?" Austin asked as he got out of the shower stark naked.

"Do you understand that this is the reason why I'm pregnant most of the time?" I asked as I dug a towel out of the cabinet and threw it at him. He smirked at me and dried himself off. Our shower stall was furthest back from our bedroom so, no Bentley couldn't see his naked daddy. I walked out of the bathroom to grab Austin some clothes. Bentley was so enthralled by the tv he didn't even notice me walk in. It wasn't even cartoons, it was basketball. He was watching basketball. I grabbed him a pair of boxer briefs, gray sweatpants, and a duke sleeveless shirt.

"Thanks baby." Austin said as he started getting dressed. He never remembers to get clothes first.

*Brrrrrrriiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnngggggggg*

"That's my timer." I told Austin. He raced over and looked at the tests. I let him be the first to look because I knew first with Bentley. He looked at all three and then at me. The grin on his face let me know the results.

"You're pregnant!" He said as he slipped his shirt on the rest of the way and picked me up in his arms. I smiled with tears in my eyes and he carried us in the room. Bentley laughed at the commotion. "John-Luke come here!" Austin yelled. He set me down.

"I'm pregnant. We're really going to have another baby?" I asked laughing and crying tears of joy at the same time. He smiled and shook his head and kissed all over my face.

"Ew dad. Please stop." John-Luke said. After Austin stopped and pulled back he added, "Mom why are you crying?"

"Because I'm going to have another baby!" I said as he smiled wide and hugged us both. Then he jumped on the bed and started talking to Bentley.

"We're going to be big brothers Bentley." J-Luke said. Of course Bentley didn't quite understand but he just knew that his parents and brother were happy so he was happy.

"I can't believe it. I hope it's a girl." Austin said and this made John-Luke stop jumping on the bed.

"A girl? Dad they're so lame." He said as he plopped on the bed.

"Excuse me?" I asked with a fake glare.

"I'm sorry mom. You're not lame. But a girl? They're so much trouble." He said. I just stood there in awe.