Chapter 37

Ava's POV

*17 weeks pregnant*

"Mom!!!" John-Luke yelled. This never failed. Every morning he would forget where he set something and would come running to me.

"Yes honey." I asked from my room. Me and Austin were up and ready. He was getting Bentley dressed at this moment.

"My sock is missing. I can't find it anywhere." He said coming in my room half dressed. I was wearing shorts, converse, and a team shirt that had his number and J-Luke's mom on the back. It was getting a bit smaller since my stomach was getting bigger but this was his last tourney of the season.

I walked over to his room, lifted his comforter, and behold the missing sock. "If you would focus on where you laid the other one when you put that one on then you would remember." I said and kissed his cheek. He groaned as always but continued to get ready.

I walked in to see my other boys dancing to a song on the radio. I laughed and left them to it. I went downstairs and saw Ruby making breakfast. I pitched in some help but only what she would allow me to do. I heard the doorbell ring so I left it to Ruby.

I opened the door to Callie, Jake, and Ella. "You know where to go." I said to Ella who took off running to John-Luke's room.

"Hey Ava. How are you feeling? I heard what your stepmom did." Callie said as she hugged me.

"I'm fine. I promise." I hugged Jake before he headed off to meet Austin.

"So I was thinking about having the team over for a swimming party after the tournament. Do you and Jake want to come?" I asked her. Me and Ruby discussed it this morning and Austin loves having the team around. We would eat the leftovers from the gender reveal party.

"Sure. We don't need to help pay for anything or bring-" she asked.

"No. We have leftovers and plenty to drink. Ruby's got breakfast in there so go dig in." She nodded and Jake followed behind her. Austin brought Bentley over to me. I kissed his forehead before he set him down. "So the pool party is a go." I said.

"Great. I'll text the coach to tell everyone. We've got to leave in about 20 minutes if we want to make the baby store too." He said.

"Babies 'R' Us. Let's eat first and then go." He nodded and walked off to eat. John-Luke and Ella came down ready to eat as well. Herc came down right behind them.

After Breakfast, Callie and Jake took Ella and J-Luke with them. Me, Bentley, and Austin went to the store. We had two rooms but decided to leave them in one room while they were babies. The beds were on order from the catalog we always ordered from. Today we were picking out furniture for the room from the catalog and buying some clothes and such.

"Well. I'd say we've about got the rooms finished." Austin said as he swiped his card.

"Not quite. We still have to set it up, paint it, and put their clothes away-"

"I get it." Austin said rubbing his temples.

"It's your fault." I said as I put some of the lighter bags back in the cart.

"My fault? How is this my fault?" He asked.

"Dude. Do you really want her to answer that?" Asked the cashier who seemed to be about 20.

"Because honey. You're the one who determines gender and how many. It's your fault!" I said. He laughed and the cashier made a face that seemed to say 'dude why are you laughing at a pregnant lady that never ends well'. At least he's a smart kid but I'm not that crazy. I stuck my tongue out at Austin and kept loading the bags.