Ready or not.

After I talked to Callie for half an hour she agreed it would be best to prepare for anything and to not react hastly. I love having her around otherwise I would probably loose my mind. I eventually fell asleep only to be woken up by my alarm. I hopped out of bed and got in the shower. When I got out I left my hair down, going all natural. I decided to wear a pair of nike sweatpants and a hoodie. I pulled on my nike running shoes and went to the living room. The girls were already gone, so I just grabbed an apple juice out of the fridge, got all my stuff together, and headed to school.

----------------------------------------------

The day went by pretty slowly. I was so excited for tonight and I just wanted it to get here. Me and Austin talked as much as we could and made sure of the plans tonight. I left school and headed home. The girls helped me get ready. I chose another dressy pair of miss me jeans and put on a red tanktop and a navy blue and creme striped jacket. I wore navy blue flats with some jewels on the toe part. I wore some simple jewelry and curled my hair. We agreed to meet at my favorite restaurant, so I headed there.

When I got there I searched for his truck and parked beside it. We both got out and greeted each other. We walked in and were seated. Our waiter came up and it was an older woman. "What can i get you guys to drink?"

"Two Dr.Peppers." He said When the waiter left we began small talk. "You look beautiful, baby. Drop dead gorgeous."

"Thank you. You dont look so bad yourself." We laughed. By now the waiter brought our drinks back and we ordered our food. While we were waiting he asked to play the "question game". So I started. "What is your favorite teams for college football and basketball?"

"Football would probably be the Gators. And Basketball, probably Duke."

I grimaced. "Really? The football one is cool but the basketball one.... Really?"

He laughed "Okay my turn. What's your favorite flowers?"

"Lilies. I'm not cheesy like most who say roses. They're beautiful but I love lilies more." I paused before finding my next question. "What is your favorite hobby?"

He seemed deep in thought and was finally about to reply when the waiter came up with our food. She set it in front of us and we pushed the game to the back as we ate. When we were done, he looked at me and answered his question. "I like to spend time with my son John-Luke."

I froze. Surely I hadnt heard him right. He said he had a son. But how? No I don't mean how he made him but how did I not know. This town knew everything about everybody. He has a son. Oh my gosh. Why didnt he tell me before? Why did he keep it a secret? I played what Callie said in my head and remembered how she said not to react hastly. So I sat there chewing my lip and bouncing my leg up and down. I thought about what I needed to say. So I went with what my gut said. "Why did you keep him a secret from me?" I knew the hurt in my voice seeped out but I couldn't help it.

"I don't know baby. I wanted to tell you so many times. I thought maybe you'd be ashamed of me or you would look at me differently. I didn't want you to base the fact I had a son on how I was as a person." He looked down.

I leaned on the table. "Austin you know I would not have done that."

He sighed. "I know that's why I decided I had to tell you before this went any further."

"Show me." He started to pull up a picture from his phone but I stopped him with my words. "No. I want you to take me to him. I want to see him with my own eyes. If thats ok?"

-----------------------------------------------------

Austins POV

I was scared. I just told her I had a son. I flat out said it. I didn't approach it slowly, I just said it. I knew if I didn't say it then, I wouldn't find the courage to say it now.

She just sat there staring at the table, biting her lip, and she was probably bouncing a leg. She always does that in these situations.

While I was waiting for her reply, I got lost in my own thoughts. She probably wants to know how it happened. Let me tell you, it was a mistake. I would always love John-Luke but I wished he would have came later. You see I was the bad, party boy. The first two years of school I would drink and get completely wasted. One time, I got so waisted I couldn't remember anything I did. But eight months later a girl told me she was pregnant and it was mine. I decided then, I would be there for her and the baby. Of course I had to check if it was mine but when he was born there was no doubt.

Sadly, his mother left him after giving birth. She was older than me by three years. Like I said I was drunk. He is one and a half. And although me and his mother never got along, I made an attempt to get her to come around but she refused and signed over all her rights and took her name off of his birth certificate. I am glad she did too. Ever since John-Luke I have changed, for the better.

Ava let me know in the way she spoke that I hurt her by keeping him a secret. Barely anyone knows about him because I don't want people to judge him. They could say whatever they wanted about me, but I couldn't stand if they spoke his name in an awful way. She took me by surprise with what she said last.

"Show me." I was shocked at the least. I started to pull up a picture but she stopped me. "No. I want you to take me to him. I want to see him with my own eyes. If thats ok?"

I was too shocked to say anything else. So I nodded and got up to go pay. I told her she could ride with me and we could come get her car later. She agreed and I opened her door and helped her in. She was so short, its too cute. I smiled as i walked to the drivers side and got in. Well here goes nothing. John-Luke, here we come. Ready or not.

I decided I would explain to Ava the importance of this. "Av" I started as she looked at me, "nobody really knows about John-Luke. I'm not ashamed of him and never will be but I don't want people to run him down because of me. Me taking you to see him is a huge step. Hell, it was a huge step telling you. I just want you to know that I wanted to tell you but was scared what you would think."

She grabbed my hand with both of hers and held it in her lap. "I'm not going to lie, I'm hurt you kept him a secret for so long. Even now, when we started this relationship you should have told me."

"I know. I'm sorry baby." I said while glancing over at her for a moment. I looked back but she leaned over and kissed my cheek.

"I forgive you." She whispered in my ear. I smiled and brought the hand I was holding up to my lips to kiss it. She was an amazing person and I was lucky to have her. You know that feeling when you can tell that a person is your soul mate? I'm getting that right about now.