Chapter 7

Later that night Austin finally went and made it safely according to the text he sent me. I got up and got ready to go take a shower. I am still a little sore but I am able to deal with it. I decided to where my tan leather boots, skinny jeans, and a real souther co long sleeve sweater. I braided my hair from my part to the ponytail. My ponytail had waves in it already from my natural hair. I must say, it was pretty cute.

I walked out of my room iPhone in hand. I grabbed my books, which Austin so kindly brought me, and my over the shoulder bag. I grabbed the keys and yelled for the girls to come on. I got to my car and saw the stuff the painted was gone. I was kind of disappointed.

The girls came down in no time and we made our way to school. When we got to our parking spot the boys were already there. I was very shocked when Austin was there, but I was secretly hoping.

I got my bag and books out while we all greeted each other. Austin came over to me and said "Did you do your chemistry homework?"

I stifled a laugh and replied "no."

"Good me either."

We laughed and walked up to the building and I was hoping he would walk with me. I looked up at him prepared to ask him but I caught him looking at me. He was about to say something when he pulled me behind him. I might have screamed slightly.

He turned to me and apologized "sorry to scare you.." he rambled on and i noticed he was holding a football.

I asked for the football and he handed it to me. I can throw spirals but they dont go far but the guy who I assumed threw it was close enough. He took my books and I grabbed the football. The guy who threw it held his hands up. I threw it with no harm done.

"That was a good throw" Austin said.

"Thanks" I smiled.

"Well I have to drop my gym bag off in the locker room then I will meet you in Spanish. Save me a seat?"

"Well.... I guess I can."

"Thanks, babe" he said as he smirked and ran off to the gym.

I grabbed his books and mine and exchanged them for Spanish. As I was walking I was getting all kinds of stares and normally I would hide away but today I marched with my head held high. I guess Austin had a part in that. I also need to use my nickname more, because I dont want him to feel awkward if im not using mine.

"Hey sweetie. I missed you." Chris said throwing his arm over me.

I shrugged his arm off. "Chris I am not your sweetie and we are over." Me and Chris broke up about a month ago. He had sex with the school slut because I wouldn't sleep with him. I didn't know it at the time and he verbally bullied me into thinking less of myself. After I found out, I dumped him.

"Avalyn you know you don't like him. You know you want to be with me. No one else wants you." That hurt. But I was ready for a hit like that.

"You're wrong. Even if Austin doesn't want me, someone will. Someone else besides you." I whisper yelled and stomped off to Spanish.

I got into Spanish set my stuff and his stuff down on our desk. I sat down and attempted to chill my features so I didn't worry Austin. I got my stuff read to take notes when Austin came running through the door to his seat. I just laughed as the bell rang, right when he sat down. Suprisingly, we were quiet the whole period. The teacher was preaching today.

When the bell rang I grabbed my things and walked to my locker. I could feel someone behind me and I only hoped it was Austin. I got the necessary books and turned to see him frowning. "Hey what's wrong?" He attempted to answer but was cut off.