Chapter 29

Austin's POV

I was finally finished working at the site. The next steps would be to have the owners look into the decorations and my workers would lay the carpet or whatever kind of floor they bought. After the job was done, I was going to let us all take a week off before starting another job. My dad used to do this for them because family is always number one and I couldn't agree more.

I was driving home to my family now. I was driving slow in my suburb because kids always run around everywhere. I pulled up to the gate and Ramone let me in. He was our gate keeper during the day. I walked in the door to hear my beautiful wife singing along with my handsome son singing with her. I found them dancing around the living room while Bentley was in his bouncer just watching. Hercules was sat in front of him in a protective manner.

I stripped off my boots and heard Herc come tumbling my way. He has gotten so big that when he gets on his hind legs, he's taller than me. I petted his body and heard the music volume decrease.

"Hey dad." John-Luke said as he jumped on my back. I groaned because he was getting bigger to. He was about to start kindergarten before long.

"Hey honey." Ava said as she came over with Bentley on her hip. She kissed my lips and I grabbed Bentley from her. I had one of my boys on my back while I carried the other one in the front.

"John-Luke, will you go up to your room and be sure your tv is off." He gave his mom a questioning look but went up nonetheless with a yes ma'am and Hercules behind him. "I'm going to pretend that you are not here right now and that you got stuck in traffic." I looked at her strangely. "Chris moved in to the house right beside us. The red brick one."

I was already angry and was about to stomp out the door. The only thing keeping me rooted was my son in my arms and my wife still talking. She grabbed Bentley and then grabbed a fist full of my shirt and pulled me close. Her body on mine even with clothes on made me all hot and what not. She was grinning which meant she did this so I would calm down.

"I confronted him with Hercules by my side. I warned him to be gone before you got home. I am going to turn a blind eye for five minutes. If you're not back in five minutes, I am coming down there." I nodded my head getting angry again. "Now kiss me before you might end up in jail."

I smiled but brought my lips down to hers and instantly slid my tongue in her mouth. She groaned from the back of her throat and I knew she really wanted to take this upstairs but I had things to handle. I pulled away and headed to the door. I put my boots on again. "I can't believe you let me kiss you like that in front of the baby." I said with a wink. She glared at me realizing what she had done. I let out a laugh before walking out the door and down the drive way.

When I got to the end of the gate, I told Ramone what I was doing. I walked down the sidewalk to find Chris shutting his passenger door. "What in the hell do you think your doing?" I asked him.

"Listen. I'm just loading my car up." He said back.

"It better be because your leaving here." I said to him. "Why are you here?"

He shook his head and sighed. "I thought Ava really would come back to me." I started advancing on him but he threw up his hands and continued. "But I realize she really does love you."

"Okay. Since you're leaving, I'm going to let all this go. But seriously. If she didn't love me, why would we be together and why would she marry me and mother my kids?" I asked him. He was off his radar if he thought that meant nothing. "I don't know why she loves me like she does and God knows I don't deserve it but you have got to stop and move on. Not only because she's married to me but because even if she wasn't, she still wouldn't be with you." I kept my voice lowered so I didn't draw attention and have the neighbors come out.