6. The project

A D E L A I D E

"You must be our new student?"

"Yeah"

"I'm professor Michaels and I will be your chemistry teacher for the semester, would you like to say your name so we know who you are"

"Ok Uhm... hi I'm Adelaide Stark" I said trying to confident but failing miserably. I heard some mumbles and whispers around the room chatting to each other.

"Your iron mans daughter" a kid said, which got the class all hyped a little.

"She's hot" a another person said causing me to smirk a little. Wait was that Flash?

"Alright you science freaks let's get back to the pop quiz I'm doing for you all in two weeks" the whole class went from happy to moaning real quick.

I got a seat beside a brown haired boy who was so kind to let me sit beside him.

"Hi" he said under his breath

"Hey"

"I'm Mike"

"Nice to meet you Mike, I'm Adelaide"

"I know" he blurted out before realising what he said. I giggled lightly for only him to hear, knowing that he should know my name as I literally said it in front of everyone.

"It didn't mean to come out like that. I heard you before and know your dads work"

"Hey no sweat" i padded him on the back and turned my head to face the teacher.

The class went rather quickly learning about new chemicals mixing together he even made a foamy liquid shooting out of the beaker.

"Alright project time, I want in pairs which I'm going to pick who and I want you to do this experiment on your own but with a twist whether you build a volcano and the foam comes shooting out or like fireworks kind of way, ok let's get started."

This looks like an easy project, I should know as it's one of the first things my biological mum taught me when I was a little girl.

"Right when I call your name I want you to come up and grab a sheet with your partner and head on to your next class"

I sat patiently waiting for my name to be called while chatting with Mike he seems like a really good guy very polite. I couldn't stop thinking if he puts me with Peter but knowing on the bloody universe they had to pick his side.

"Adelaide stark and Peter Parker"

Called it.

I turned my head to notice Peter and Ned are in my class while I see them waving at me from the far corner of the class. From all the people in this room I had to get put with Peter ugh come on universe.

I waved of Mike and headed down past the tables to the professors table and grabbed the sheet with Peter behind me. I waved to Ned who was still seating there to be called so me and Peter waited outside the classroom for him as it appears I have a free period in the library with this class and some other classes whom it includes MJ.

"Alright partner when do you want to start this?" Peter said excited about the whole thing.

"After school at my place?

"Yeah that's ok"

"Adelaide I'm glad your back now I won't have Peter talking about you every second"

"Ned!" Peter said in frustration. I giggled a bit before I pulled Ned into a hug.

"I missed you to Ned how is my stormtrooper buddy"

"I'm awesome now that we got our Princess Leia back in our force"

"Oh thank you kind sir" I chuckled as we made our way to the library.

We all didn't stop talking until we reached the library before the librarian told us to be quite like girl don't shush us when we're in a deep conversation about obi wan and Anakin sky Walker fight.

"There's MJ" Peter said waving to her to see us walking towards her before she landed her eyes on me with a put on smile.

"What you got there?" MJ asked looking at the sheets we were holding.

"Our chemistry projects we have to do in pairs" Ned added in.

"Who did you get?"

"I got with James"

"How about you babe?" We we're all now sitting around the table with books out when MJ won't stop with the 21 questions.

"I got Annie" he smile looking at me using my childhood nickname because he couldn't pronounce my name when I was younger but MJ didn't quite have a smile more like a mad half smile. "Ok" she muttered.

The conversation stopped after that with me and Peter filling out the sheet of what we need for it but we were grand as my dad would have these so I just got up and went to the science aisle to get a chemistry book I could borrow even though I read them all well I think I did.

"I'm gonna get a book guys be right back"

I was in the aisle for good couple of minutes when I felt someone near me I turned my eye view to see MJ looking at me.

"Hi MJ need anything"

"Yeah I do" she said in a soft tone.

These next few lines is not what I think of MJ personally I love her in the movies and don't see her as a bad person but I want to have some drama in the story more like girlfriend drama xx

"Stay away, Peter or I swear, I'll make your life miserable" she said stepping closer to me.

Is she really this full of her self. Wow and I wanted to mend things with our friendship after these years.

"I don't know, MJ" I proclaimed getting the book of the shelf placing it in my bag before looking up. "I'm pretty sure to make that happen I'll have to care of what you think" I exclaimed before walking away with a smirk on my face while hearing her groan.

I am so sick of this morning who does she think she is ugh I just want to hit that innocent act she is putting on.

~after school~

"Adelaide, Annie wait up" Peter said sprinting towards me as I turn around to stop to wait on him as he smiles at me as I return it.

"Oh hi Peter"

"I'm still going to your house aren't i?"

"Yeah if your not busy?"

"Nope I'm so excited to build this volcano"

"Who said were making a volcano?" I furrowed at him.

"I did no take backs"

"Butthead"

"Jackass"

"Baby face"

"Hey I pasted that stage"

"You love me" I skipped ahead while bursting out laughing.

"You have no idea" Peter thought as he listens to Adelaide talk about her new tv series.