18. Mother and daughter bonding

I'm the second pic 👀🥵

A D E L A I D E

Walking into the cabin it's like a normal cabin where you can bring your family for a nice calming loving family trip for the weekend. But in my case it's not. There was a fireplace that was lit and the sudden warmth of the room hit me.

As I admire the nice cabin a cough from the other side of the room brought me back to reality. I wandered over to the table were my mother was sitting but taking the seat further away from her.

She cleared her voice as I stare at her watching her every move. "Do you need a doctor or something?" I asked, tripping with sarcasm as she looks at me changing the topic as if she didn't hear me but I know she did.

"Is there any questions you want to start with?" She asked.

I twiddle with my fingers for a bit before thinking of what to say. With all the questions to ask what one do I ask first? I know what questions i want to ask but now that i am here, what can you say to a not dead woman?

"That night when you died, what happened to you really? Was it all just a big charade to you?"

"I knew that would be your first question." She hummed. "To answer your question yes I did die, but it wasn't what you would call death more like me being put in a coma for a little while."

"So the bullet that stung you?"

"Wasn't a bullet but was like a bullet but with this chemical called Melatonin it's a drug that goes inside you that makes your muscles cells grow weak and make you fall into a coma for awhile"

"Did you know all this was happening that night?"

"I think you can figure that out yourself think back to all the research you done through out the years Adelaide. I know that you were following any type of leads to get my killer dead."

"How did you know that, the only people that know that I was doing research on the people was me and the organisation that killed you" I said confused as i narrow my eyebrows in concentration.

Unless.

How would she know all this? How could she have stayed alive all these years with no trace of where she was. We would've caught on, I would've figured that she was still alive. Maybe I did know she was still alive I just didn't want to be the one to admit it or maybe she is working with shields uncover or...

Could she be working with the organisation?

"You work for them don't you?" I said raising a brow. I don't know if it's true but I guess it's a wild guess to see if she is with them.

"Just like your father. Always the thinker of the family." Mariana says clapping her hands together as she stands up walking over to the fridge for a drink. "Want a drink?"

"No I'm good." I hummed. I rethought in my head if she was with them. Why did she leave me? she knew how shattered I was when she died but she didn't care.

"You left me." I whispered.

"What was that sweetheart?" Marianna question as she sits down with a glass of water.