26. True feelings revealed

Buckle in ladies and gents this is going to be a long chapter 👀

A D E L A I D E

Waiting on what to say to Peter as I step out onto the balcony as I let go of his hand as I walk over to the edge as I look out to the night gloomy sky. All the traffic as died down and not that hectic from earlier.

I need to hear what he has to say but what if the truth is not warming.

"Peter" I muttered, not turning my gaze from the city below. "Why? After all these years you come to me, telling me you love me but then when I actually find out I truly loved you back then you go and choose my best friend." I questioned.

"I know and I'm sorry, I don't know what happened it just happened."

"You don't know what happened? Oh please enlighten me Peter." I scoffed as I turn around facing him, folding my arms across my chest.

"You have my full attention." I told him.

"I thought you were studying that night as you said you said you were. You didn't come to the school party because of it, I had to much to drink but I wasn't having that much fun so I was planning on leaving but MJ came and stopped me. We both got to talking and...she leaned in and kissed me, that's when she brought me to the library, you were there studying, you did come you just didn't want to go to the party but that doesn't matter..." He sighed. "...I didn't pulled away like I should've."

"So you just gonna blame the drinking on this whole thing?" I asked. "Because if I remember correctly drunk thoughts and doings is sober thoughts and doings."

"Adelaide" he whispers under his breath as he locks eyes with me.

"No let me say what I want to say." He nodded his head seconds later. "I used to look at you all smiling and laughing every single day since we were kids and my heart would flutter with love and I...and I thought I have found the one. He is my person." I stuttered as I turn my gaze away from Peter.

"But what I failed to see was that he hadn't chosen me to be his" I proclaimed as I felt a tear roll down my cheek. "You know the first time I laughed in years was few weeks ago and that was with Bucky. But the feeling that I had everyday when I left was hurt as I give my best to you Peter and I just watched you choose her. My best friend. Our best friend. I don't even know what I ever did to MJ to make her take the only person I loved other than my father was my mother."

"Adelaide I know and I'm sorry for all the pain I caused you."

"Sorry doesn't change what you did..."

I turned my gaze back onto Peter as I felt my eyes getting blurry from the tears I have been holding back all these years and I'm actually telling him, what he put me through.

But I know I can't blame him for everything as I know deep down my mother has somehow was brought into this and maybe just maybe I was looking for an excuse to break up Peter because the pain was too much and wanted to be by myself for awhile.

"Adelaide I learned from my mistakes and I'm trying...Not one day that goes by and your not on my mind."

"Then why? Why are you still going out with MJ then after all these years" I raised my brow.

"I...I don't know"

"Why didn't you call and tell me the whole truth back then but you just came up to me and say have a nice trip without any apology?"

"I..don't know"

"Is that all your going to say is 'I don't know' Peter you confessed your feelings and your not doing anything about it. What do you want with me, I can't read minds." I shouted in a low voice but loud enough for Peter to hear the last few words.