Epilogue

Makaria | (n., fem.)
happiness, bliss

A D E L A I D E
Seven years later

"I, James Buchanan Barnes, take you Adelaide
Rose Stark, to be my wife, to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, till death do us part" Bucky says to me as he takes my hand in his sliding on the most beautiful ring I have ever laid my eyes on.

I smiled up at the man i have known since the day I came home for the first time in two years to see this now short haired Bucky with his no longer,  long cut black hair down to his shoulders but only his blue ocean eyes piercing back at me.

I take the ring of the pillow where Tommy and billy were holding. I lifted Bucky's hand holding the ring in my hand as I look up into those blue oceans eyes I love so dearly.

"I, Adelaide Rose Stark, take you James Buchanan Barnes, to be my husband , to have and to hold from this day forward, for better, for wor-."

BANG

BANG

BANG

The whole chapel went dead silent when we heard those three gun shots going off in the building. As I was talking I looked up at Bucky who also had the frighten look in his eyes as we both turned our heads to see two of my dads guards and...

Tony laying on the floor.

I feel my body temperature rising at the site as I try to keep the tears to roll down my cheek but was failing miserably. I ran down from the alter with voices behind me to stop as I drop down on to my knees over my fathers dead body just like I did all those years ago to my 'dead' mother's body.

All those memories from years rushed to my mind as I recall the night. I look up from my fathers once fair skin to a pale grey skin. I see Viktor standing above me with a gun in his hands with a bullet in his head with blood oozing out from where I shot him years ago when me and the avengers found him and my mother in Romania hydra base.

This isn't real Adelaide. Wake up.

"Hello little flower, long time no see" he says with his big devilish grin on his face, holding the gun in his hand aiming at me as I close my eyes tight ready for the impact but all I heard was the screams of my baby girl.

Lizzy.

I open my eyes piercing my eyes straight at Viktor as I turn to see my daughter were she was supposed to sit but wasn't there. I frowned as I turn my gaze to Bucky who also followed my gaze a minute ago and was looking frantically around the hall looking for our baby girl.

"Kneel down and bow to the still alive Hydra leader" Viktor smirked. As my vision cleared I see the bullet hole on his head as it disappear making me think that this isn't a dream it's for...

Real

Everyone didn't do what he says as he moves forward as I hold tight to my dads cold lifeless body, placing the gun on my head. I can take him but I can't, I would lie and say I don't have dreams about him but I do.

Every night since I've been kidnapped all those years ago.

"Adelaide!" Bucky shouts from the alter as he starts to run down the alter's stairs but was stopped by me raising my hand up for him to stop and listen to him. I'm vulnerable right now like I'm frozen and can't move.

"Listen to him" I exclaimed to everyone in the room, which I mean by that mostly the people that were friends or family with in the whole universe.