24. I can't have her

A D E L A I D E

"Adelaide can I talk with you alone?" My dad asked as he motions over to the hallway. I nodded my head and slightly smiled at everyone before I left. When I turned around one last time at Bucky who give me a reassuring smile.

Me and my dad walked down the hallway in utter silence and the awkwardness in the air was increasing each step I took and all I hear is my breathing and my dads slight sigh as we entered his office.

I walked over to the seat and sat down as my dad sat behind his desk, sliding the chair in as he takes a quick breath before starting the conversation.

"Adelaide" my dad started before I cut him off as I hold my breath for a second before letting go and talking to him.

"Dad I know what your going to say and no, I know it isn't the right time to have a child other than at eighteen years old b..but" I twiddle with my thumbs. "But i care about him dad I really do and I may actually be falling for him and he is happy and exited about t..th-." My dad cleared his voice making me to look up at him as I felt a tear slide down my cheek as I rub it away and Tony looking at me with sympathy.

"Champ" he signed as he gets up from the sit walking around to me kneeling down on his knee has he holds onto my hand.

"I may not be ok with my little girl with a child or going out with tin man" I giggled a little bit at his nickname for Bucky. "I will always love you." He lifts my head up so I'm not looking down. "hey, I'm with you through it all okay Champ?" he smiles as he lend in and kiss my forehead.

"Your not mad?"

"I may be a little bit frustrated with it all but I'm not mad. I see the way you too look at each other. Even though he is 90 something years old" my dad whispers out the last part, making me hear part of it but know what he was saying. I giggled as I hugged him.

~*~

P E T E R  P A R K E R

I'm sitting in the kitchen with Natasha as we both eat our lunch in silence when I couldn't help but notice Adelaide and Bucky laying laughing on the couch cuddling with each other.

I didn't realise I was staring for that look when Natasha coughed and I shifted my head to face her. She had a raise brow. "Your staring."

"I'm observing"  she hummed

"Look Peter" I turned back from addy to Natasha giving her my full attention.

"I knew you since the first day Adelaide brought you round here from school when you both five and I knew instantly that you too would have a thing." She sighed as I raise my brow on where this is going.

"What I'm trying to say i know what you did to Adelaide and will always be by her side but I care about you too your my family..." I smiled at that Natasha finally admitted that she is family to me. "Everyone thinks you too broke up for her leaving to train but she came running to me that night when she witnessed you and MJ together. What's that word when someone kiss." She paused for a second and snapped her fingers.

"Making out" my smile faded away and knew where this was going. "What I'm saying is that she cried over you. She cried for days, Peter"

"I know" I muttered sadly as I turn my gaze from Natasha to addy where Bucky is rubbing her stomach and whispering things into her ear making her giggle.

"Then why didn't you reach out to her? Explain to her what was happening. I know you to talked it out the day she came back but you should have came to her the last time you saw her." She signed for a second. "Why didn't you give her the closure she needed?"

"Because I'm hurting too...still" I mumbled but in a more high tone but loud enough for only me and Natasha to hear.

"i... because I'm afraid that if I see her cry back then in front of me when I seen her run away from the party and if I just went looking for her more that night, I knew I would apologise and beg her to come back to me! But I can't do that." My gaze turns away from Natasha.

"looking at her now. All happy and falling in love with someone else and...it...it's not me." I felt my voice crack at the last few words as I take a sip of my water beside me.

I was lost in thought now that Natasha dropped the subject but still felt bad for lashing out on me. I deserve it anyways.

I knew someone was going to comfort me about it and I'm kinda glad it was Natasha.

The thing is what if i never get over Adelaide. What if I continue to wake up every day of my fucking life and want her so badly that my bones shake so much that they'll feel like they're going to break?

Regretting what I did and lost the one person I cared for in my life and she just left and my whole world shattered before me.

What if she was the one for me, and I wasn't the one for her?

Is there any onions in here? No? 🥺

Whose your favourite avenger? 🧐

If you haven't guessed mine is Bucky but pietro is my second favourite 🥰