7. Backfired

A D E L A I D E

Me and Peter entered the lounge seeing no one was back yet. So me and Pete went into the lab and began our project.

"Call out the list we need" I said walking over to the chemical cabinet waiting for an answer from Peter.

"Alright sir give us two ways to make it so do you want to try the first way first before the harder one?"

"Yeah that sounds good"

"Ok you need vinegar, water, dish soap, food colouring and soda bottle" i was so surprise to hear that our professor gave us the first method to building a eruption. I wonder what my father would say about this.

"Seriously five year olds can build that"

"It will be fun come on and it will be easy like you said" I nodded and left the room to go to the kitchen to get the stuff.

~ten minutes later~

"Adelaide hurry up your taking so long" Peter called out from the lab. Does this kid know I'm doing this all by myself.

"You know if you get your ass of that stool and stop your whining you could have helped me but no Adelaide had to do it all by her self like she does all the time" I spoke through my fathers monitor so I didn't have to waste my screaming on this douche bag.

"Thank you"

"Oh that piece of shit" I mumbled under my breath.

~two minutes later~

I came back into the lab to see Peter trying to put the apron on him but some how he is completely failing. How does someone not know how to put on a bloody apron. I swear he has a mind of a four year old.

Me and Peter worked for an hour or two to get the model right for the volcano but mostly the experiment only took us fifteen minutes it would've been shorter if Peter didn't pour all of the baking soda on the ground. Wait until my father hears about this he will be mad if he sees a tiny bit of dirt in his special lab.

As I was putting the bottle into the volcano peter accidentally pressed the button to cause it to react.

"Peter you bloody idjit" I shouted with the baking soda all over me. While I was wiping my eyes I seen the whole gang on the monitor with some of them running in our direction.

"Sorry I hit the wrong thing" Tony, Steve, Natasha, Wanda and Bucky came running in with all of them getting ready for a fight.

"No 18 years ago your mother give birth to the wrong thing"

Was that dark humour that I just conjured?

"Adelaide what's happening here?" Dad said in a short temper before he notice the floor. "My floor!!"

"Who did this?" Natasha giggled, shaking her head. I straight ahead pointed my finger at Peter before he could open his mouth.

"Wow jeez thanks Annie I now know that if we were in battle you would put me first to die" I nodded in agreement with a big smile on my face. As I was smiling I notice that Bucky was smiling in my direction it kinda made me weird a little bit in my stomach like butterflies. No Adelaide you can't fall for your uncles best friend.

What was this feeling this guy who I only met couple of weeks ago is giving me, this feeling I haven't felt since I dated Peter a few years ago.

"Oh well...cheerio" I said skipping around the table to get to the door put I seen my dad motion something over to someone and in seconds they picked me up and carried me back to the table. "Get off me or I'll shove this volcano up your arse you won't see the sunshine ever again. Do you hear me!"

"Woah, tiny temper"

It was Bucky who brought me back over here and man did it make me shiver when his touch left my body.

"Adelaide, Peter I want this place spotless by the time I come back"

"Yes mister stark" Peter blurted quickly.

"Good one jackass" I whispered nudging his elbow. What I didn't notice Bucky didn't leave to stand beside the gang again I felt a soft giggle behind me and damn was it cute.

"Adelaide be nice"

"AdElAiDe Be NiCe!" I exclaimed sarcastically trying to mimic my fathers voice.

"I'm too old for this shit" Steve and the gang left the room as well as Bucky but as he was leaving he lightly pushing past me locking eyes with mine for a few seconds before he left closing the door behind him.