veintiséis

~ day of the audition ~

It was finally the most important day of Jungkook's life, everything Jimin had been helping him prepare for was going to be demonstrated today and to say that anxiety was hitting him hard would be an understatement. Jimin could feel Jungkook shaking vigorously as they walked towards the theater, their fingers were intertwined together and he was taking in shallow breathes as if something was stuck in his throat, constricting his airways and making the simple human reaction like breathing impossible.

Jungkook was panicked about performing in front of other people again, it had felt like one hundred years ago since he last felt this way and of course he was self-conscious, worried about being outshined by someone younger and more skilled than him. Jimin and Jungkook weren't practicing in the dance studio together anymore out of fear that someone would continue questioning their relationship and it wasn't the same without Jimin, Jungkook missed the energy his pretty little student brought out of him.

"You'll do amazing Jungkook." Jimin spoke up, getting the older to come out of his thoughts. They stopped in the middle of the theater that Jungkook didn't realize they had entered already, his vision was taking away from his surroundings to gaze down at Jimin to see his breathtaking crescent smile. "Please, don't stress. Just dance, let the world feel how bad you want this with your movements." Jimin expressed taking Jungkook's hand and planting several fluttering smooches upon his clammy skin.

Jungkook felt his worries melt away instantly, Jimin's aura was like magic and it never failed to provide him an immense amount of comfort. Jimin's melodic voice alone could fight away the dark demons residing within Jungkook, his gentle touches could make every nightmare vanish and the older male loved how Jimin's entire existence shined a precious light upon his once broken heart. "Show them what I already know, that you are elegant, passionate and the greatest dancer to have ever walked that stage."

Without speaking a word Jungkook released Jimin's hand to take the younger's cheeks, making them rest between his palms and closing the distance between them. Jimin's brown orbs shut when Jungkook kissed him, it was different from all the other times because he could sense him seeking courage, strength and his burning love. Jimin's fingers gripped at Jungkook's t-shirt, he placed all his weight on his toes as he deepened their kiss and let the confidence he had for both of them transfer when their tongues touched.

The world around them felt miles away, the clocks on the wall seemed to have all stopped and the people moving around them appeared to be moving in slow motion. Nothing existed when Jimin and Jungkook were together, the sky could be raining blood, the earth could be splitting open but none of that could make the two break apart. Jungkook's hands soon dropped down, slowly sliding them to hold Jimin by his waist and devouring his mouth, feeling his own body become serene once more, just like it always did against the younger.

When Jungkook pulled his lips away Jimin clung to him tightly, he wasn't ready for them to stop anytime soon and it felt like he was free falling in the sky, off the special cloud that the older would take him to during their moments together. "Thank you Jimin. I feel like I can fight off a damn tiger now." Jungkook whispered. Their faces were still itches away from each other, noses rubbing and breaths mixing as they continued to stand in the middle of the theater embracing their shared happiness.

Jimin was all smiles, fond eyes only noticing Jungkook until the sound of someone clearing their throat grabbed his attention and when they placed their focus towards the sound they found Namjoon approaching them. The taller male was smiling, showing off his dimples and waving happily, "Good morning you two. I'm very glad to see you here Jeon. I knew you'd find that fire within you again. Now come, auditions are about to start and I wanna introduce you to the choreographer." Namjoon stated.