veintisiete

Taehyung was sitting on a stool, eyes capturing every participant's movements and observing their techniques, searching for the dancer that would be playing the role of the voyager in the ballet. Taehyung had a few ideas already of who he wanted to select, he could tell from the moment they stood in the fifth position the ones that were worthy of carrying the show but he continued making everyone sweat, keeping their hopes up and demonstrating their full potential.

"I've seen enough, next!" Taehyung would say to certain dancers and it was safe to assume that he wasn't pleased with them. Jimin had his jaw clenched, teeth grinding and fingernails digging into his skin when Jungkook took the stage to display why he was the only choice. Taehyung let Jungkook dance longer than the others had before him, but he kept a poker face, not expressing any emotion even though he was relieved that he could still shine after being out of commission for two years.

Jungkook's heart was pounding aggressively in his chest, the sound of the music playing all around him was hardly noticeable and the look in Taehyung's eyes were unreadable not helping his anxiety over this. Jungkook maintained his focus though, he imagined being alone with Jimin instead, and his supportive cheers, precious smiles allowed his fantasy to guide him into moving his body the way he'd been practicing diligently for these past four weeks.

"Great. Jeon, stick around, don't leave just yet." Taehyung said before requesting for the next person to present themselves. When Jungkook jumped off the stage he was attacked by Jimin who wrapped his arms around his torso and squeezed him tightly. "I'm so proud of you Jungkookie! You did so great my love!" Jimin expressed leaping up to his toes and kissing Jungkook's smiling lips, he wasn't worried about jinxing this, or celebrating too early because he had faith in his older lover's skills.

"Thank you beautiful." Jungkook told Jimin, embracing him back and devouring his lips before taking him to sit through the rest of the auditions. The two males watched Taehyung reject several unfortunate dancers that weren't going to be in the ballet at all and soon enough he was calling Jungkook back to the stage. Taehyung expressed how they had passed the first trial before having them doing certain drills, wanting to see their leg extension and testing out their strength for when it came to lifting their partner.

"I know that you all are used to lifting a female and they usually weigh less than another male but your partner is going to the same gender as you because this ballet is between two men falling in love. I need this role to be conducted by someone who is capable of carrying out his graceful movements while holding a man in his arms." Taehyung told everyone and watching the dancers follow his instructors, some of their faces contorting in pain and showing him how their endurance was running out.

Jungkook felt like his muscles were on fire, his arms were sore and his toes felt like they had gone numb an hour ago but he continued pushing through, biting the inside of his cheeks and refusing to let Taehyung see how much pain he was in. Jungkook wanted this role, he believed that he wanted it more than anyone else standing around him and that was because he had created this mentality that if he couldn't land this part then he wasn't good enough anymore, this resulting him completely burying the idea once more.

After a few moments Taehyung had everyone take a break, he stood on the stage discussing and reviewing the dancers auditions with Namjoon and another male that Jungkook wasn't familiar with but he guessed that it was the other co-writer of the ballet. Their voices were quiet, their hands were moving as they emerged in the conversation and it was becoming nerve-wracking to Jungkook knowing that after they broke apart they would be announcing who would be taking the lead role and who would be the understudy.

"You made it this far Jungkook, don't worry. They'll chose you I know it." Jimin told the older giving him a kiss on his cheek and stroking his raven hair as they sat in the dressing room, waiting around with the other dancers that were either talking with other participants or with their own moral support group. "How are you so sure, can you see the future or something? Been hiding secrets from me now baby?" Jungkook questioned rubbing Jimin's back and pulling him in to kiss his lips, earning his sweet giggles.