siete

~ 4 years ago ~

Jimin was 14 when he first visited Seoul, his older brother Seokjin was in college at the time and his basketball team had just qualified for nationals. So the family ventured off to spend the weekend there, all of them cheering on the team that had quiet a battle a head of them. Unfortunately, they didn't get a chance to progress to the second day but it wasn't all bad because that gave the two siblings time to bond again.

Seokjin and Jimin along with their parents had gone to a seafood restaurant after the teams defeat, they celebrated anyways because they were proud of the older siblings accomplishments anyways. After catching up with his parents Seokjin offered to take Jimin to go sight seeing, promising that he'd return him before bedtime and the parents agreed, their older child was responsible plus it gave them time to be alone.

"Are you still dancing?" Seokjin questioned glancing over to see the younger smiling who was sitting in the passengers seat. Jimin was nodding his head happily. "In front of a crowd though, or to yourself in the mirror still?" Seokjin snickered. Jimin's mouth formed a pout before turning his face to gaze out the window instead, refusing to answer the question, but Seokjin already knew that Jimin still hadn't found the courage to show the world his secret talent.

"It's not that easy, putting myself out there. I don't wanna be criticized harshly, the thought of it scares me." Jimin mentioned sighing out as reminisced about the years he's wasted training himself to learn ballet and not seeking professional advice, but he figured it didn't matter anyways, he got stage fright in front of other people, and not even his friends knew that he was in love with dancing.

"I know it's tough, but I've seen you, you have so much potential." Seokjin tired but Jimin shook his head and dismissed the conversation that always lead to them arguing. "So which places are we gonna see first?" Jimin questioned changing the subject. In the window he could see Seokjin's reflection, he expected to see a frown but to his surprise his brother was smiling widely. "You'll see, you're gonna love it though, I swear." Seokjin exclaimed.

Jimin shrugged his shoulder and relaxed against his seat, he didn't really cared what they did as long as he got a chance to be with his older brother he was okay with anything, but as they continued turning down the streets and pulled up to a theater Jimin knew what Seokjin was trying to pull. "Swan Lake? You're taking me to see a ballet show?" Jimin expressed nearly tearing up at the sudden surprise that he never thought would happen any time soon.

The reason Jimin doesn't take ballet lessons was because his parents weren't on board with the idea of him dancing the modern art, they talked him out of it when he was 8 and he was too petrified to ask again. So, that's why Jimin continued to practice by himself, in front of the mirror. He'd lock the door and familiarizing himself with the beautiful art style, learning the important terminology and studying the movements that thanks to youtube videos he could understand a little enough to try them out.

"My boyfriend got a job as the assistant for the producer of the show and he was able got me two tickets. I know how much you've always wanted to see a live ballet performance so here we are Jiminie. You can thank me by not embarrassing in front of Namjoon though please." Seokjin pleaded as he reached out to pinch his younger brothers chubby cheeks, laughing when he received a light slap along his bigger hand by Jimin who was grumbling under his breath. 

Jimin was in awe when he entered the gorgeous theater, it was elegant, enormous and immaculate and the small male surely thought that he was dreaming. "Come, we have front row balcony seats! The shows looks so amazing from up there, let's get to them before the crowds start rolling in." Seokjin expressed cheerfully taking Jimin's hand and dragging him towards the stairs.