Find You >> Snotlout X Reader

Title: Find You

Paring: Snotlout X Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: none

------------------------------------

It was a slow day, a calm day, a warm day.

It was the sort of day which you'd relish into being the one rest day from dragon riding with the twins and Fishlegs but would always be ended up being a responsibility day.

But no. Not today. If anything came to get you up off your hammock strung high up between two trees in the forest with your dragon nearby with the sound of all the birds then you'd refuse it.

Snap.

Your head peered over the edge of the hammock to see the one person who you really didn't and did want to see all in the same time. Snotlout. He was a friend of sorts - one who'd elbow and kick and play fight you as a kid but since last year, had resorted to his infamous one-liners that barely worked.

"_______," he sang out, head turning side to side as he searched the forest floor. "Come on! I've been looking for you for hours - on dragon back for a bit even! You're not even good at hiding!"

You silently laughed, rolling your eyes. Knowing Snotlout, he'd search the entire island like a sweep without a proper look at anything.

Slowly, you sat in your hammock and grabbing for your slingshot, you took the small pebble from the sling and dropped it by where Snotlout was walking. Grinning, you saw your friend look side to side again, groan and let out another anguished _______ and then: look up.

"Hey Snotlout!" You chirped.

"________!" He snapped, "I looked all over for you!"

You giggled. "Well, obviously not well enough, Snotlout, because I wasn't - what are you doing?" You'd noticed he'd started for the base of one of the trees where you sat in the hammock and began to climb. "You're going to fall, you know, Snotlout," you warned.

"Says the girl," he grunted, "In a hammock...a few hundred feet up in the air."

You rolled your eyes. "Don't be such a drama queen, it's only fifty feet." You laughed, "You said you'd been looking all over for me?"

A grunted yes followed.

"And I assume that means you've been looking for me all day?" You added, peering over the edge of the hammock to see Snotlout advancing his way upwards at a reasonable pace. You'd never have known him to be a climber.

"Uh, yeah, I guess so...why?" He frowned, coming further up the tree.

You laughed. "That means that there's something important for you to tell me. What is it? Has Hiccup accidentally declared another war? Or are you here to tell me you're successful in wooing Ruffnut? Or -,"

"None of those things."

You jumped slightly when the face of Snotlout was opposite yours suddenly. "Then what was it?" You whispered for effect.

He laughed. "Not telling unless you move over in the swing thing. Don't want to fall from this height..."

You rolled your eyes. "It's a hammock, Snotlout, and its only fifty -,"

But you were interrupted when Snotlout misjudged his balance in the hammock and toppled toward you. It wasn't until he moved back away you realised - your lips had connected, and your cheeks were more red than your dragon's fire.

"Was that intentional?" You questioned.

He shrugged. "It - uh - it - yeah. But not like that -," he groaned, taking off his helmet to grab at his hair in frustration. "That's what I meant to find you for all day, and now I've screwed it -,"

You laughed, and leaning in, cupped his cheek and kissed it. "I don't think a clumsy kiss should be your worry at the moment," you remarked, "Since we are fifty feet up in the air in a hammock together nearing toward nightfall."

He nodded, understanding. "I see our situation now."