Fourth Year Woes >> Teenage!Sirius Black X Teenage!Reader

Title: Forth Year Woes

Paring: Teenage!Sirius Black X Teenage!Reader

Sequel: Part of the Teenage!Sirius Black miniseries

Warnings: none

Spoilers: as said before, maybe

------------------------------------

Fourth Year

As much as you loved Hogwarts, the homework and the assignments were horrendous. It was the reason why you some nights would stay until the wee hours of the morning scrawling answers for Herbology or Charms or, Defence Against the Dark Arts.

You knew you were almost up to failing that class; the professor always reminded you to work on the wand work. You had the theory mapped out, just not the practical application for protection.

So, very unlike what any Gryffindor would do, you set up targets in the common room, and practiced this way.

It was a pretty sight, seeing your spells go this way and that in the dimly lit common room, hitting the targets spot on. You couldn't wait to tell your professor what you'd managed; it was something new all together to get one spell on target, let alone all of them. In victory, you decided on one last one, and shooting the spell for paralysis - the first from the top of your head: "Petrificus totalis!" - you realised seconds later that it hadn't made it to the target.

In fact, it had stopping short mere feet from where you had cast it.

Suddenly, you heard a thump, and beside yourself as to what you'd hit - ghosts didn't make that noise it they were hit by a spell, and even then, Sir Nicholas De Mimsy Porpington, the Gryffindor ghost always introduced himself when coming into a room. He was polite like that.

Your feet touched something, but looking down, you couldn't see if there was anything there. Yet you felt it. Reaching down cautiously, wand still drawn, you felt a fabric between your fingers, and pulled up.

There lay who you knew as James Potter and Sirius Black, paralysed with the exception of their eyes, on the floor of the Gryffindor common room.

"So this is what my spell hit," you mused, pocketing your wand and looking down on the bodies of the most common troublemakers in the school.

You heard a rattle of stairs and a panting of breath and looked up to see your old friend Remus on the stairs that led up to the boy's rooms.

"(Y/N)," he blinked, "You, er, found James and Sirius."

You nodded, and looked back down at their bodies, "I didn't mean to. It's that Ravenclaw blood in me to practice until perfect, and," putting an edge on your voice, "it's the mischief in yours to make you sneak out and loose hundreds of house points well earned to the folly you make." Taking your wand out, you whispered the counter curse to take the paralysis away. "And you've got a nice invisibility cloak, James."

You heard a scoff from Sirius, and turning to see him get up, he told you, "It could be mine, you know, (Y/N)."

You shrugged. "You're not that transparent, Black."

---------------------------------------------------

Days later after the incident (that had been thankfully gone unreported to the prefects and teachers) and after many arduous attempts to stay away from Sirius Black for fear of the humiliation of accidentally paralysing the pair of them (and also that ... thing ... that had happened between the great flirt himself and you) the moment came: to face him.

You'd pictured it to be grand and classic like in the muggle TV shows where the two characters interact after classes, corning one another, the sun behind you and Sirius' hands out, blocking the exit.

That was not what happened.

You and Lily were walking back from a Quidditch match (Slytherin versus Hufflepuff) and just as yourself and the red head made it to the Fat Lady's portrait, you heard a great whoop calling your name. Turning, you saw it to be none other than the great Sirius Black in his swishy robes and perfect hair and gorgeous smile -

Shaking your head to rid the thought as quickly as it came - you could not fall for the player, it would be so inept, so cliche - you heard Lily behind you, "You want me to tell him to bugger off?"

"No, I'm fine," you assured your friend, "I'll see you in the room. Don't worry about me." Your (E/C) eyes flickered back to Sirius and took a deep breath. "Seriously, I'm fine."

Lily shrugged. "Alright then."

And in seconds you two were alone in the corridor with the Fat Lady, watching everything. Sirius slowly moved to you, coming closer and closer and closer and closer until yours and his face's were only inches apart. You took in his image, and wilted at the sight of him, dying inside almost by the proximity.

And then you broke the moment.

"You smell like a dog, Sirius," you whispered.

"I just was with a dog," he replied quickly in the same sort of undertone. "That explains why I smell like one."

"Okay then," You nodded, "Why are we standing so close? It's kind of awkward."

He laughed, drawing away, but barely. "Maybe for you, (Y/N)," he smiled. "What did you mean the other night, about transparency?"

You thought back to the conversation in an instant and ran a hand through your (H/C) hair. "People are books, Black, and you're not that easy to read. A bit unpredictable."

Sirius' wide grin almost knocked you sideways, it was so powerful. "The perks of being a bit wild includes being wild, (Y/N). The cloak could've been mine," he tried to sway your conscious.

"It could have been Remus', too," you told Sirius," but I know him, and James' family is even more ancient than yours. Therefore, the cloak." You shrugged.

"You think I'm unpredictable?" Sirius backtracked, moving further away from your face.

"Yes," you breathed. And no, you thought.

And suddenly, as quick as a Snitch or the headmaster on a mission, you watched as Sirius dove toward you, grabbed your face at the lower ear and neck area and applied his lips to yours. As quickly as it had started, the connection stopped; and silently, he stepped away from your personal space to a suitable proximity.

"Was that unexpected?" he asked at last.

You shook your head. "I've seen that coming."

"Did you like it?"

You blushed, wanting to hide your face but didn't for the fear of the teasing. "I've got to go get ready for astronomy in a few minutes," you said instead, walking toward the Fat Lady. "I do not want to be late."

"You did like it." He accused behind you in a singsong tone. "A lot."

Without glancing back you replied, "Goodbye, Sirius."