For Science! >> DOFP!Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) X Reader

Title: For Science!

Paring: DOFP!Pietro Maximoff (Quicksilver) X Reader

Warnings: fluff and fluff and kisses and I think I leaned toward a gender neutral reader. For all of you to enjoy.

Spoilers: none

---------------------------------------------------------------

The scientist Hank brought in was honestly a nice person. A great guy, who practically swam in his lab coat and sweat profusely when he was in contact with other mutants. You were sure it wasn't you who was intimidating him - why would anyone be afraid of a mutant who could revive nearly dead things? - but Pietro. The fast kid. The punk, borderline jerk fastest kid alive, kid.

"Pietro, maybe sit down for once?" You suggested to your boyfriend. Somehow he still found it in him to be classically annoying around the scientists.

"What, me, slow down?" Pietro laughed, doing a few laps around the lab while he spoke, "Never."

Hank seemed to have an idea from that, and shared it with the group. "Why don't we time you doing laps and find out your highest speed?"

Your eyes widened. "I don't think -,"

"Let's go! We can use the field outside the school!" Pietro practically sang. All too fast, he gathered you into his arms, and sped out to the outside area.

It was on arrival to the grassy field where the other mutants usually played baseball or team building activities when you voiced your opinions.

"What's into you today?" You hugged your chest as soon as Pietro put you down.

He shrugged, "I'm always like this. I'm the fastest mutant alive, _______, I'm faster than a speeding cheetah!"

"You're more annoying than a cheetah, you mean!" You accuse. "All you've been today is hyperactive - way more than usual! Is this to impress that scientist, so you can seem I don't know, cooler than everyone?"  You very nearly explode.

"What? No," Pietro answers immediately. He's gone for a second, and you're sure he lapping the school when he reappears and admits, "...a little?"

You look down at your hands. "I thought so."

And it seems now that Pietro catches on to the feeling you've felt all day since the miniature tests and questions began today.

"Why are you so insecure about your mutation?" Pietro hits the nail straight on the head.

Your head heats up in shame.

"...______, we are a new race of people to live on this world, one day in harmony with the humans. We need people with different specialities to be around! I'd do anything to have your ability. I don't know, but I think one day I'll need to save myself -,"

You gasp. "Don't talk about war like that! It isn't a game. All these tests are is to scale us on from powerful to simplistic."

Pietro takes a step toward you. "You're not simplistic, _______. That's why I love you. We all can't be Jean Grey's, in a world with the Avengers and whatnot. You're valuable beyond compare - anyone can get really fast, if they have the tech. Who else can heal undefinable very nearly dead people?"

You roll your eyes. "Why are you so nice to me?" You laugh.

Pietro steps to give you a kiss on your forehead. Usually when he does this, he's in a rush as always, and all you can feel of the moment is the ghost of his lips before he zooms away. But right now, right here as Hank and the scientist approaching, Pietro took the time.

You took a deep breath, and smelt his jacket and wrapping your arms around him, enveloped him in with your body as he peppered your forehead with light, feathery kisses that consumed your body with so much warmth and love that you could have danced.

"_______! Mr Maximoff! Now, we will continue the tests?" The scientist states, unsure. Maybe it's because he's afraid of you two. Or that he's uncomfortable with PDA.

"_______, leave your boyfriend for one minute, maybe stand with me?" Hank orders, and points to the grass beside him. "Pietro, the boundaries are this field, because it's a perfect five by five mile field, and from measuring the distance and time you take, it's easy to find your speed. Do ten laps, and when you're done, stop here," Hank points to just in front of where the scientist is standing.

"I'll see you soon," you whisper, kissing his cheek, and moving away to join Hank.

Pietro winks, "For science!" He announces, like a geek before a pretend battle of their toy horses, and then, he's off. Gone.

All that you can see of him is his streak of silver when he's in motion, and his poor, overworked sneakers.

"Wow," the scientist amazes.

"He's pretty fast," Hank agrees. "Faster, maybe when it was Logan's birthday and he wanted everyone's cake."

You huff. "Hank, you know he saved you all from salmonella poisoning that time," you remind him. But the blue haired beast is adamant in remembering the day to be a birthday without birthday cake, and therefore not memorable as a proper birthday at all.

"How was that?" Pietro slid in suavely, not breathless at all.

"..." The scientist gaped. He dropped his timing device into the grass as it beeped to an end, mainly because Pietro's sudden appearance had frightened him.

Hank nodded slowly, scooping up the little device from near his feet. "That unbelievable?"

You grin, beaming to the pair of them. "That's my Pietro."

The speedy silver haired young mutant sidled up to your side slowly, almost making a point of how slow normal people were. "Your Pietro?" He questions, slowly popping the p in his name.

You look to his lips, and can't help but be slightly mesmerised by their perfection. You lean in to make your lips meet with his, and whisper, "Yeah, you are. My Pietro. And you know it."

He turns his head at the last second, your lips colliding softly with his jaw.

"Are we done here?" He asks the other men. They both nod, enraptured by science and little things that make your brain explode from overworking. Pietro turns to you, and gives you a kiss with a sense of urgency. "Let's continue this conversation, this kiss, this presence of you with me...say, in my room?"

You chuckle. "I've got no plans."