Angel of Misdirection >> Castiel Novak X Reader

Title: Angel of Misdirection

Paring: Castiel Novak X Reader

Sequel: to "Angel of the Couch"

Warnings: just jealousy, confusion and a dash of drama

Spoilers: a little? A bit of spoilers for the earlier episodes, around season five. Mentions Anna Milton.

-----------------------------------------

That movie night went so well, especially the aftermath when the boys got back from their successful hunt all safe and sound. The door opened just as the credits began to roll for the movie yourself and Castiel had watched, and just as you went to ask how their hunt went, you heard a flap of wings and felt the couch yourself and the angel of The Lord was gone.

"Hey _____," Sam grinned, noticing the credits on the TV. "Where's Cas?"

Lowering your head, you could almost feel his lips on yours and you felt a blush coming on. "Just left. Four seconds ago."

Dean joined his brother, looking equally as beaten up and bloodied with a grimace on his face, "Damn. Had to ask Cas a few things. Guess it could wait."

You let a smile cross your lips, and grinning, you suggested, "You could try praying, O Righteous Man,"

Dean laughed it off.

After that day, many passed before you saw your awkward angel, and even then, he had arrived in the other room speaking in hushed tones with the boys. From what snippets you caught of the conversation, it wasn't very optimistic. And, you guessed, they were speaking about you.

"How do I do that sort of thing, Dean?" You heard Cas implore in an undertone.

"She'd take it well. Seeing as what she's done in the past until now."

"And the other thing, Cas: you've just got to tell her. As soon as possible."

"-sister to me-"

"Doesn't matter anymore!"

At that you made sure your thunderous speedy flight into your room upstairs was audible. What you had heard was the worst you could've ever heard - bar a death - it was him not talking to you for days and then turning up and in the other room reducing you to sibling material. You weren't the kind to just let people kiss you. It had meant more than just something to you.

As the door to your slammed behind you, the sound of flapping wings was heard and there at the end of your bed sat Castiel, watching you with those curious eyes.

"Leave me alone, Cas," you bared, trying to sound tough even with the tears choking up your throat. "I'm not interested in talking."

The angel of The Lord cleared his throat, and spoke up, "It was unfortunate you overheard what the Winchesters and I were speaking about, but I am afraid you may have gotten the wrong idea, as Dean would say."

Your gave an exasperated laugh, "May have, Castiel? I heard the conversation of a guy between two other guys saying that the first guy wasn't interested in me. I mean, Cas, I'm a nice person. I hunt demons, bake pies and tell decent jokes in my spare time. Heck, I was the person who got you adjusted to act a bit more civilian in public. And when you make the move to kiss me and then disappear off without even a trace of being able to contact you and you say I'm like a sister to you? And -,"

You noticed Cas' head had sunk into his open palm and cut off the rant.

"Cas?" You asked, quieter. He hadn't taken his hand away yet, but you could tell by the jagged movement of his shoulders and hitched breathing that there were tears. "I'm sorry, don't cry -,"

He chuckled, looking up. "I am not crying, _______," his face was instead almost split in two with the almost luminous smile you adored. "I am laughing at what you misunderstood."

You wiped the tears from your cheek with the back of your hand, confused and interested in what Castiel had to say.

"I was speaking of my sister, Anna Milton, the angel who has gone 'Glen Close', like Dean says, and how we need to go after her before she does too much damage," he tilted his head, still sitting, "and Sam wished to urge me to speak to you about what happened when we saw the movie about the blue people."

Your hiccups of tears turned into a fit of laughter, grateful for what had happened.

"I'm sorry, Cas," you cried, almost flinging yourself to hug your trench-coated angel. "I'm -,"

"Stop apologising for being human and join me until the very end of time."

You tilted your head, "That's a new way of asking a girl out, Cas," you noted, "I like it."

"I'm glad."