Theif and Fugitive >> Khan X Reader

Title: Thief and Fugitive

Paring: Khan X Reader

Warnings: violence and angsty fluff I guess

Spoilers: Step One: Watch Star Trek: Into Darkness. Step Two: You're welcome

--------------------------------------

You slowly closed your eyes, stilling yourself in the bed as you heard the ominous creak of the floorboards of the house you lived in. Intruder. There was someone who was breaking into your house, and you were alone.

Now was not the time to be single, you thought, And live alone in a very isolated area.

But you couldn't just let the offender ransack you - you weren't the kind to sit still when there was trouble. You were a get in and fight kind of girl. Slowly, you rose from the bed - cursing the bed springs and dull thrump of the phaser from the top draw of the bedside chest and you snuck out into the living room.

It was deathly dark; the moon mustn't have been up to that point in the cycle, it was usually so light at the time of night it was. But if you turned on the light, the person would be able to see you and make to attack you the same as you to the intruder.

"I can hear you breathing," a deep, masculine voice accused you.

You gasped. "And I could hear you entering. You're a lousy thief," you retorted, making sure your phaser was locked to stun. "Terrible."

"I'm not a thief!" The voice cried indignantly, verbally wounded, "I'm not that low a criminal." Just as you were going to lock to kill, you heard a tutting noise, and a shuffle of feet toward you. "That just won't do."

You shot up, the minor blast hitting spot on the off light bulb that sparked dangerous light.

"You can't just come in and expect me to be okay with a random guy in my house!" you almost growled, "It's ready to kill you, dude, so give me a name. Your name preferably. Or you're dead."

He laughed, and in the sparking of the bulb overhead, you saw features of the man. Tall. Short dark hair. Pale skin.

"It would take much more than a shot from that little thing to kill me," he prefaced, annoyingly. "My name is Khan. And I only need a place to stay for the night."

You gasped.

Khan.

"You're that fugitive," you realised. "The one, you tried to crash land into Star Fleet head quarters. In the USS Vengeance. And you killed Pike."

In the dim flickering light from above you saw his smile waver.

"I didn't expect this house to be occupied," he frowned. "If they find me here you will be arrested for conspiring with a criminal." He paused. "I'll keep moving."

You took a second to think. "Stay, if you like, Khan, just don't do anything funny, short of psychotic on me. Spare room's down the hall. Don't complain. And we can test your theory if you do."

You could almost hear his smile. "What theory would that be, Miss..."

"________," you replied. "The one about you being immune to death."