Cinnamon Hot Chocolate >> Henry Mills X Reader

Title: Cinnamon Hot Chocolate

Paring: Henry Mills X Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: none

-----------------------------------------------

As the last school bell for the day chimed overhead and the teacher said class dismissed you shoved all your things into your backpack and ran out of the crowd following your best friend, Henry Mills, who had done the exact packing up his desk job as you.

Although it meant a frowning on from both of your mothers later on when they found it that yet again, there were crayons in your important project, you didn't mind. Your single mother was lenient at least, leaving you to do your own thing most of the time, seeking to forget you the others. But as for Henry, his mother was the Mayor, Mayor Mills, and she'd freak out if he was a hair out of line. Or if she found out he and you were friends.

Or if he and you ran to Grannies flat out instead of catching the school bus. Like you and he were doing at that moment.

"C'mon, ______, we're gonna be late!" Henry called over his shoulder, his scarf trailing behind him like a tail.

"I know, I'm coming!" You replied, doing your best. As two of you shot past Dr Hopper's office, who was outside talking to a demure Mary Margaret. As you rushed past, you called out to them, "Hi Dr Hopper! Hi Mary Margaret!"

Dr Hopper laughed. "Hi _______, off to Grannie's, I assume?"

You nodded. "Can't talk though. See yah!" And you were off, following Henry suite to the diner opposite.

As the pair of you burst into the doors, the face of Grannie peeked over the bench with cleaning product and wipes in hand. "Afternoon," she smiled, nudging her glasses further up her nose with her wrist, "The usual?"

"Yes, thank you!" Both of you chimed, and made way to the booth you always sat in. You and Henry fished unspent lunch money from your pockets - exactly enough for one cinnamon hot chocolate each - and grinned.

"So, Henry, how's your search for your real mom going?" You asked him, swinging your short legs.

He shrugged. "I'm going to go and find her next week. I know where she lives."

Your eyes widened. "Really? That's so cool! Imagine, being split from your mom and dad and getting back together ... sounds something like a fairytale. I - wow, Henry." You gushed. "This is so amazing!"

"What's so amazing?" Both you and Henry turned, blushing, to see Ruby, Grannie's waitress and granddaughter as she put down the two hot chocolates at your booth.

"I - uh," you stuttered.

"I got a good grade on an art thing," Henry lied smoothly. "Seriously cool. _______'s excited about it because our teacher said her's was great too. Wanna see, Ruby?"

The girl in red short-shorts and a white and red polka dot halter smiled. "Maybe later? I've got a few more tables to bus." She mussed your (h/l) (h/c) hair affectionately. "Alright, I'll see you, kiddos. Keep out of trouble."

Henry nodded, "We will."

You turned to Henry when Ruby was out of earshot. "Nice lying! Where'd that come from?"

He shrugged, taking a long sip from his hot chocolate. "Well, I do live with the most overprotective mother in all of Storybrooke." You nodded, lifting up your drink to sip, "And I don't know what to say, ________, it comes naturally to me. Must've been genetics."

You bobbed your head. "Must've been. Anyways, have you got that book Mary Margaret leant you?"

He grinned. "In my bag. Who you wanna read about today?"

You frowned. "Who am I, Henry? It has everyone in there except for you, me, your real mom and dad and my dad."

He nodded. "Maybe your dad's like a stablehand or something. Or a prince from another land."

"Would that make me a princess?" You asked.

Henry squinted, taking another long drag from his hot chocolate. "Maybe. I think so."

You grinned. "Princess _______ and her knight, Sir Henry," you beamed over your hot chocolate. "You know, I think this plan to get your real mom will work."

"Me too."