Jaime the Dog >> Logan Howlett (Wolverine) X Reader

Title: Jaime the Dog

Paring: Logan Howlett (Wolverine) X Reader

Warnings: extreme fluff, jealousy of a chihuahua.

Spoilers: I don't remember this happening in my monthly issue of The Uncanny X-Men. So, no

------------------------------------

It had been a spur of the moment thing for Logan when he had been down the main drag of a small town by the animal shelter with his girlfriend _______. She had been bugging him the entire month for more attention, and the answer seemed to be to get time together. Walk places. Talk. And not over a couple of cigars and two bottles of Mr Beam.

And though they were both teachers at Professor Xavier's school and respectively had classes to teach and time to waste grading papers, the man with bones as strong as they could get caved at the sight of ________ sighing and giggling and awwwwing at the sight of the little chihuahua by the glass.

"Logan, look at her!" ______ cried, "She's so small!"

"Yeah," he grunted, wanting to keep up their brisk walk down the town's little main street.

"Logan, you're not looking!" _______ protested, grabbing for his shoulder but instead, threaded her fingers through the hair on his head. _______'s hand pulled him down to her height, and cooed as he saw the little dog in the shelter's window, "isn't she adorable?"

"Very," he replied, consulting his watch. "Scott wanted us back ten minutes ago for the simulation."

Distractedly, ________ managed to say in return, "You usually don't care about Summers, Logan...something got into you?"

Ignoring the question, all Logan did was tug at _______'s wrist and yank her away from the window.

Days passed and it seemed everyone at the school was baffled as to why ______ was out of sorts, including Logan. Her mutation wasn't working as well as it usually did, and when he was summoned via telepathy to Charles' office for a talk, it seemed the professor knew the cure for the unseen ailment.

So that was how Logan found himself back at the shelter, swapping cash for the young and energetic chihuahua and returning with her in the basket - borrowed from Bobby - attached to the motorbike.

--------------------------------------------------
Logan found ______ sprawled over the spill of a park bench on the surface of the school, reading from the pages of a book in her upside down position.

"Hey, _______," Logan called out. "Got a surprise for you..."

Lowering her book and spinning to an upright position slowly, ______ groaned. "What is i-," he couldn't help but smile at her reaction to the yipping pup in his hands, "Logan!"

"Uh-huh," he grinned, lowering the little chihuahua and watching the puppy madly rush toward ______ on tiny legs. "Surprise."

"I love it!" _______ cried, scooping her little present in her arms to be covered in tiny doggy kisses, "Thank you, thank you!" At that, ______ rushed to Logan and planted a smooch of her own to his cheek, "Jaime is gonna love it here!"

He chuckled. "Jaime?"

______ grinned, "After you, James Howlett. Problem?"

"Not at all, doll," he laughed.

---------------------------------------------------
Yes, at all. Weeks passed and it seemed Logan's and _______ 's relationship was in more danger than anything - it was almost dormant. Gone.

Ever since Logan got ______ Jaime, ______ had retreated into a world without him, playing with Jaime, teaching her classes with Jaime, letting the students play with Jaime...almost forgetting of his existence except to come back at the end of each day to sleep in their shared room, but as exhausted as she was, nothing would transpire between the sheets. Logan found himself at the snarls of a protective chihuahua if he even reached out to touch _______'s arm - Jaime had taken to sleeping in their bed like a duck to water.

So Logan did what Logan did second best - and found himself in Charles Xavier's office again, consolidating with the bald sage of the school.

"She's ignoring me," he claimed, bursting into the room to his office. At his entrance he watched the professor's eyebrows raise and place the book he had been reading onto his lap. "What do I do?"

Charles laughed. "My PhD was not in romance, Logan," rubbing his temples, he wheeled his chair to come to face Logan head on. "But from what little I do know about womenkind...hmmm...If you feel sidelined -,"

"Understatement." Logan growled.

"-involve yourself, Logan. Let her know you're there. ______ hasn't forgotten you. You need to be in with the affairs of her and her little dog."

He nodded. "Sounds fair," he growled. "Thanks."

Charles nodded. "Anytime, Logan."

--------------------------------------------------
"______?" Logan called out as he knocked on the door of the room they shared, later that night after a couple of shots 'borrowed' from the little party Colossus, Iceman and Rouge had going on in their rooms. "______ please open up."

Yip! Yipyipyip!

Jaime's in, he thought.

"Who is it?" He heard you call out from within. "It's too late to play these kind of games now, it's almost one am."

He agreed. "It's Logan."

The door snapped open as if caught in a hurricane and there you stood, "Logan! Where have you been?"

He wanted to complain, he wanted to rant so bad, but there you stood, bedraggled yet unable to sleep, eyes wild with sadness and bare ankles teased with the blur - to rival Quicksilver himself - of the little chihuahua Jaime.

So Logan knew what to do.

"Here, I'm here for you." He replied. "I'm sorry, ______."

She rushed forward and hugged him, feeling herself hurt from clashing into the Adamantium skeleton of his. "Thank you," she murmured into his neck as they hugged, "I love you. I missed you."

"You know I love you, _______. You know I do."