Spin The Bottle and a Surprise >> Steve Rogers (Captain America) X Reader

Title: Spin The Bottle and a Surprise

Paring: Steve Rogers (Captain America) X Reader

Warnings: a lil bit of violence and at one point someone gets glass in them. The rest is blue skies and fluff from there on out

Spoilers: no

--------------------------------------

Like a regular Friday night, Tony had gotten the avengers rounded up in the floors of Stark Tower for a night of fun. Most groups would take the end of the week as a night to party - as naturally, Tony did (every day of the week) - but somehow, with you, your super-soldier boyfriend, Jane Foster and Darcy, two demigods, one shy scientist who involuntarily turned into a green rage monster, Sam Wilson a.k.a Falcon, a spy of S.H.I.E.L.D. and an archer and one already tipsy billionaire were sitting on the floor of tower's lounge room, playing a game that should have stayed in middle school.

Spin the bottle.

Somehow, it became a drinking game, and slowly but surely, even the mighty Thor was red in the cheeks with hard mortal liqueur (much to his brother's annoyance).

"Whoever this stops at...must give me their email!" Clint bellowed dramatically. You smiled to yourself, glad you changed your old embarrassing email you first made.

"Email? How drunk are you, who even uses email?" Darcy laughed, swigging from her beer.

"I use email," Bruce Banner frowned.

You nudged Steve lightly, and whispered, "You glad now I got you to make a normal email?"

The super soldier laughed quietly. "Yeah, ________, I'm glad I didn't go with star-spangled-captain like Coulson suggested." You kissed just below Steve's temple and glanced to the game. The bottle Clint spun was coming around slower now...it ticked past Jane, Thor, Loki, Darcy, Sam, Tony, Bruce...

"Yeah! Woo!" Clint cheered as it stopped, pointing to Natasha, "C'mon Tasha, what's ya email?"

You watched as she turned to him and said with a straight face, "I kill for money, at gmail. No spaces."

Sam laughed. Then frowned quizzically.

"Now, next to spin... _______!" Thor boomed.

You blushed. "Uh, I don't know!" You wrinkled your nose thinking about what you would choose. "Whoever this lands on can choose what they do." At this a chuckle spread around the circle - even the moody brother of Thor smiled - and you spun the empty wine bottle around.

You turned to Steve and laughed along with the group, although his eyes weren't on you but the bottle.

Slowly it came around...almost coming in front of Sam...but stopping at Tony.

"Yeah!" He grinned. "Alright. I choose - to kiss _______!"

Bruce must have been as sober as Steve because in that moment, in the same split-second when the scientist went to warn the billionaire against the action you watched almost in slow motion as your boyfriend Captain America launched himself over the circle to tackle Tony flat to the ground.

You paled at once, knowing what little Tony's kiss would have meant to you and how strong Steve was and how drunk everyone was around you.

"Jarvis -," you called out, feeling worried. "Uh, a little help!"

A squeal of disgust from Darcy - "not my hair!" - and you realised the AI had released the sprinkler system. The water spray had shocked Steve and Tony from their fistfight, their eyes on you.

"Steven Grant Rogers," you levelled your gaze, using a tone you learned from Pepper, "you come with me right now." as he rose to walk out you turned to Tony and in an icy tone added, "Don't think you're getting off easy, Stark, I'm talking to you next."

At that you walked you and Steve to the elevator, and kept a stony silence as it descended to the floor the pair of you shared. From the corner of your eye you saw the shame in his eyes, and unable to keep the talk any longer, burst out,

"What was that, back up there?" You turned to Steve, and when he didn't answer, kept talking, "That is a child's game! It means nothing, you know! Yeah, we're in a relationship, but you kissed 'Tasha in DC and I was totally fine with it! C'mon Steve, I've never seen you act so irrational or -,"

The doors of the elevator opened up to the cosy living area the pair of you shared. Walking in, you turned back to see Steve looking at his feet, still ashamed.

"...are you going to say anything?"

Steve looked up at you, and blushed. "Yes ma'am."

It was then you noticed how badly Tony had managed to get him in their little scuffle. It seemed Tony's scotch glass had broken and lodged itself in pieces on his arms, his blond hair was out of place and had a small cut on the lower lip.

"Ma'am?" You giggled, moving to under a cupboard where you kept a first aid kit that often patched Steve up after his reckless raids to try to find his old friend Bucky. Moving back to him with antiseptic wipes, tweezers and a pack of band aids you added, "C'mon, Steve, you're not a jealous guy. And you know I love you - we've been together for..."

"Three and a half years." he interjected, wincing as you took the first piece of glass out and wiped it with the alcohol. "I meant to leave it for a better time, but it's really the only reason why I acted that way."

You paused, letting the umpteenth shard of glass clatter into the dish with the others. "Steve? I don't understand -,"

The 90 odd year old laughed tiredly and gestured to his side of the bed the pair of you shared. "In the bedside chest there's something you should see, ______." As you moved to retrieve what Steve requested, you heard him mumble, "this isn't romantic in the least, I'm sorry."

Bending down the chest, you pulled the draw out, and almost passed out at what you saw.

Wedged in between the handkerchiefs Steve insisted in using around the tower, was a velvet red box.

A ring box.

"I'm sorry, it's not one of those special engagement stories," Steve looked like he was having the worst night by the way he looked almost to tears. "I asked Tony earlier this week if proposing to you was the next thing that happened in a relationship. And I bought a ring and I planned for tomorrow to -,"

Steve didn't get to finish his sentence, you had rushed across the room to kiss him. After a second, you withdrew and nodded.

"Yes, Steve," you nodded, feeling tears coming to your eyes, "I'm sorry I yelled at you..." he laughed, pecking your cheeks, "I do want to marry you."

- Upstairs -

"Brother Loki, why are you smiling? It is much unlike you." Thor frowned, speaking up about his concerns as Jane and Darcy went to chat in the kitchen with a tired Pepper who had woken with the scuffle.

Loki only shook his head. "It's a long story."

But Thor persisted, "Was this a prank of yours?"

Loki glanced up as if he knew Heimdell was shaking his head at the folly he caused, and spoke, "Earlier this week I held a charade with myself as Stark, and gave council to the Captain on his love under the guise. And tonight, whilst ______ spun the empty bottle, I aided the spinning to usher the love of Steve Rogers and his _______ forward."

Thor gasped as if he hadn't expected the night to be because of Loki's meddling. "And why, Loki, did this occur?"

Loki looked to the bottle of Midgardian beer in his hands. "I could not bear waiting yet another day of their moony eyes without furthering their relationship."

From behind the couch where Tony Stark hid after the livid ______ ______ had promised to 'talk' (more like yell, he thought) he gasped audibly, having overheard all of it.

"That's why Steve was upset!"