It Was All Yellow >> Loki Laufeyson X Reader

Title: It Was All Yellow

Paring: Loki Laufeyson X Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: not if you haven't seen Thor: The Dark World

-----------------------------------------

You carefully walked into the prison, holding your breath as you saw the dozens of prisoners in their respective cells. There was one you had come to see; the foreign prince from another world you had seen attempt to take over New York City on the news.

You'd been in London with Jane and Darcy at the time and watched with muted horror as the aliens came in hoards came on screen. You'd seen what they called 'The Avengers'.

Jane had freaked out when she had seen Thor on screen - he hadn't come back after their time together. And when you had seen Loki on screen - you paused.

And then, like the little scientific and geek you were when it came to knowledge and data you read the myths about him. That was when the infatuation had began.

And it was he you had come to visit. You saw him in the edge of his cell, a book by his side and still in his gold and green and black outfit. He was still gorgeous.

"So, your brother told me a lot about you," you said to the jailed man you had a thing for. "But, then, so did the myths, and watching the news on what happened in New York. You're pretty amazing, I don't care if you're a manipulative narcissistic lunatic."

There was silence from his side of the force field wall between them.

"I'm _______, sorry," you blushed. "And I just needed to talk to someone and Jane and Thor are a bit taken up at the moment and Odin looks too scary to chat with so..." you sighed. "I'm prattling. I have a tendency to do that."

When you glanced back to Loki you saw that his eyes had closed. You gave a smile and continued the one-sided conversation.

One sides conversations were harder than you thought.

"Everyone just thinks you're a bit of a jerk for trying to take over Asgard and New York and I just think..." you paused at your answer. "You were under the influence of The Tessaract for the world domination and were in a state of shut down because of," you frowned. "I don't understand what they meant by 'frost giant', but they said it made you upset."

When you glanced to Loki you saw his lips had parted, and head at a slight angle.

"And just so you know, I'm not looking for trouble. I just needed to talk to someone. And you looked lonely to the point of eternal boredom. So..." you got up from your perch, and saw that a tear had fallen onto his cheek. "I'd better be off then. Maybe I'll come back. Not sure if it is socially accepted to visit a convicted murderer. But you've got to change the world's views sometimes."

You turned to leave, and heard a voice that could have made grass grow, it was so nice.

"Goodbye, ________. Maybe I'll see you again."