Potato Soup With No Potatoes >> Bofur X Reader

Title: Potato Soup With No Potatoes

Paring: Bofur X Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: none

----------------------------------

It was a wildly windy night, so when the door to your little house was flung wide open, you did what any rational dwarf would do - rush from the sitting room to slam the thing shut. Except, when you made it to the front door, it was no one else but your husband Bofur!

"________!" He grinned, closing the door behind him.

"Bofur! I thought you were the wind!" You cried out, straightening your apron.

As soon as the fierce wind was out of the house you almost fell forward into his open arms, "Didn't you have anyone over today?"

You shook your head. "Housework today. Couldn't put it off anymore."

Bofur grinned. "Looks spotless. Were you lonely? I'm sorry about being late, work was hard today, not enough came in."

You nodded, "That's okay, Bofur, that's why I love you. You're always just -," you smiled, doing a small impression of your husband. As he laughed, you snuggled your head into his shoulder. "Oh, you smell awful, Bofur, what have you been doing?" You recoiled, seeing the chunks of gunk and mud on his clothes, "Don't tell me."

He shrugged, looking at you earnestly. "This time I slipped, I promise."

"You sure? And this wasn't ale but your accident?"

He nodded, "Very sure."

You felt a small smile come to your face, "Alright then. But you don't get any supper until you get out of those clothes."

He frowned, putting his hammer down by the door. "...And what would supper be, my lovely and beautiful and amazing _______?"

You smiled, despite trying to be tough. "Potato soup. But I don't think you can call it that, since I ran out of potatoes. I had to put in other things in like carrot, garlic, pumpkin, ginger -,"

Bofur smiled, and leant in to kiss your cheek. "You're a saint, _______."

"And you're smelly." you laughed.

All he did was bow, and say, "A good kind of smelly. Your kind of smelly."

But before your husband Bofur ambled down the house to re-dress, you snatched his hat from his head and watched him go.