Outgunned >> Rocket Raccoon X Reader

Title: Outgunned

Paring: Rocket Raccoon X Reader

Warnings: violence

Spoilers: I don't

-----------------------------------

Apart from the fact your best friend, a raccoon enhanced by cybernetics was beside you with the biggest gun in the galaxy in his hands, and that you and he - Rocket and ______ - were currently having a face-off with a Kree army, the day was going pretty well.

Little explosion here, BIG explosion there - all in a day's work. Click click. Empty. Damn.

As you went to reload the gun, a grenade came rolling toward you, which you tossed back, blowing up a small side of a warship.

"You right, _______?" You heard Rocket ask.

Ever since he'd found you abducted on one of the Ravenger's ships from Terran, Rocket had been nothing but good to you. Whilst Quill was fatherly, Gamora like a teacher and Drax like a sort of crazy uncle, Rocket was a best friend. Someone you'd never trade anything for.

"Of course!" You grinned, clicking the gun back together, laughing at the plight the pair of you shared: it was literally, two against two thousand. "Just a warm up."

He laughed. "Yeah, yeah, I get it. You wanna," he paused to shoot a line of Kree approaching the line of fire, "Look badass. It's a natural thing, _______," he bit the end of a bomb to activate it and tossed it carelessly over his shoulder, blowing up a warship, "You shouldn't try hard. If it isn't working for you -,"

"Don't do it at all." you gritted out, emptying the cartridge of your Terran-style machine gun out once more into the Kree soldiers. "Dammit Rocket, I'm out of ammo. We're outnumbered,"

He laughed. "Out-gunned."

You looked forlornly to him melodramatically when you grabbed the last bomb and tossed it toward the mother ship of the fleet with careless grace but near perfect aim.

"This is it, Rocket." You counted down the bomb and the pair of you shared a smile when it was blasted to pieces.

"What the heck are you two doing?"

You turned to see Peter with his blasters. "Having fun, Quill, just chill out."

His eyebrows went up before the mask went on to hide his derision. "How could we chill when we find you and Rocket missing, _______, starting a war with the Kree?"

You shrugged. "I dunno."

Quill turned to Rocket for an answer, "Ah, don't ask me. I live for the simple things in life."