Whatever You Do Don't Picture Mr Gold in a - >> Teen!Henry Mills X Teen!Reader

Title: Whatever You Do, Don't Picture Mr Gold in a -

Paring: Teen!Henry Mills X Teen!Reader

Warnings: just Mr Gold in a

Spoilers: none - but make sure you're up to season 3.

______________________________

He'd only had to have heard the first three words that came from your side of the phone, and then with a fierceness he'd inherited from his mothers, organised for the two of you to meet up at the park. These three words were quite ordinary; put in any other order or singularly, they weren't spectacular.

But when Henry heard from your end of the phone, "They dumped me", through a downpour of tears, he came to the rescue. Nobody needed to feel unloved. Unlovable. You, to him, were one of the strongest people in Storybrooke, alongside the heroes and royalty role models he called family.

He wasn't going to let some idiot from the school make you feel like a two day old soggy toasted cheese and tomato sandwich from Grannie's.

"Henry? Henry, where are you running off to this time?" His mother, Regina pursed her lips and put her hands akimbo on her hips. Henry had snuck out, lucked out, been body-swapped, helped save Storybrooke enough times for her to recognise that look in his eye that said he had plans. Sometimes he just plainly looks like Baelfire. "Henry! Don't you - what are you -?"

He turned, trying to hide the picnic blanket he'd been stuffing into his backpack. "I'm not running off anywhere, Mom," he protested, knowing she knew full well of what he had put in his bag. "It's for _______."

"__________?" His mother repeated, incredulous. "Jefferson's oldest child?"

Henry nodded. "They've just had something really bad happen to them. It's - I Googled how to get over a break-up. So I'm going to help. I thought we could have a picnic in the park to try and make it better..." He looked down at his feet, "...y'know, and play cards and swing on the swings. I was going to ask you, I swear! And we'd be home before dark."

Regina's lips pulled into a smile, a small smile that suggested a hint of amusement.

Henry took a deep breath. "Mom? Are you going to stop me?"

She laughed. "Stop you? No!" Regina gathered her son in for a warm hug, squeezing him. "No, I'm just contemplating on whether or not you'd like to bring muffins or pie to share with ________ on your picnic." Her smile widened as she turned to go, "Okay, you finish packing, and I'll prepare a container of both for you."

Henry whooped. "You're the best, Mom!"

Ten minutes later, sitting huddled in a blanket in the park, munching pie and playing Go Fish, you smiled a little. "Your Mom is the best for packing us these foods. I mean, both of your Moms are cool, but, uh, Mayor Mills makes a mean pecan pie."

Henry nodded in agreement, biting his lip. He'd let you win the last round, having accidentally seen your cards when you'd gone to grab an apple and cinnamon muffin from his box. He was a gentleman like that. But now, the game was on, and he really wanted to be the one to say -

"Uh, Go Fish?" You announced, breaking his thoughts. You had an affect on them like that. You were always in there.

Henry beamed. "You're so great at this game, _______!"

You blushed, taking his cards to shuffle the deck. "My Dad taught me not too soon after Grace and I were back with him. Rainy Saturday afternoon? Tea, biscuits and card games. I know Blackjack and, and poker too," you added, handing Henry the cards. "But I'm not that great at them. Dad always wins all the buttons we bet with from me."

Henry, having taken the cards, had begun to deal them out again, and said, "Your Dad's a pretty fun guy, _______..." He paused, and his face brightened considerably, "Oh, I have an idea! What if maybe we have a Storybrooke volleyball tournament, and our parents and the adults and everyone competed and -,"

He was interrupted by a burst of laughter, a bout that was loud enough to knock those nearby from their feet, full of so much joy that it could make a pixie fly, full of so much force, Henry was swept into your fit of giggles and ended up with a winded stomach from the laughter.

As soon as you'd say up again, wiped the tears from your eyes, and made sure Henry wasn't going to suffocate from his giggles, you fell into another round of breathless laughter.

It seemed ten minutes later, just as the sun was setting, the pair of you had your breath back.

"So, that's a no for the volleyball tournament?" Henry inquired, unable to wipe the goofy smile from his face.

You shook your head. "No! No, I love that idea! I - I just pictured Mr Gold in an Olympic volleyball outfit."

And then the two of you couldn't breathe through the laughter once again.

Back in her office, however, looking through a screen she observed her son and his friend worriedly, Regina paced. She'd seen him with Jefferson's child before, but now _______ had had their heart broken by young love, and the chorus of titters she heard through the mic she implanted into his backpack, she knew that her son was perfect for _______.

"Regina? You called? What favour do you need this time; my hats aren't ready for travel yet, and -,"

Regina shushed Jefferson with a wave. "Come closer, Jefferson...did you know your child had been dumped today?"

He set his jaw. "Are you spying on my kids again? Regina -,"

She pointed to the screen. "_______ and Henry have been at the park together today because your child got dumped and mine is picking up the pieces. I called you here so you'd know what happened so when you return home to see a tearstained but cheered-up ______ you'd understand the context." She paused, gesturing to the fruit bowl by the monitor. "Apple?"

Jefferson shook his head, watching his kid in the small screen, practically rolling around in laughter. "...Mr Gold in an Olympic volleyball outfit."

Jefferson stifled a chuckle into his fist, the image flooding his mind without a problem. Turning to Regina, he saw she was doing the same.

"Our kids are going to be fine," he smirked, congratulating his child for thinking that first when it came to a town-wide volleyball tournament. "I'll see you later, Regina."

She beamed. "Thank you, Jefferson."

Just as he walked away, she heard his phone dialling, and in the small microphone on the screen, _______'s peppy ringtone.

"Hey, Noodle?" She heard Jefferson's voice both behind and from the monitor, "I've got Gracie, just wondering where you were at. Yeah. We're going to have take out and marathon Star Wars tonight, is that okay? Yeah, I can pick you up. Love you, Noodle."