Unplanned Flight >> Toothless And Viking!Reader

Title: Unplanned Flight

Paring: Toothless And Viking!Reader

Warnings: none

Spoilers: none

A/N:  just so you know, you're not being shipped with a dragon, more like a best friend situation.

----------------------------------------------------

Hiccup was a great guy, you knew that all your life when you lived in the village of Burk. It wasn't that his father was the chief Viking or anything, or that the only thing you could measure greatly about Hiccup was his stamina.

Before, he was just another guy who had problems with his father. But now - since the battle with the supreme dragon - there were thousands of hundreds of dragons in Burke. And seeing as Hiccup had made it possible to have a dragon as a steed now, he was popular. Especially with Astrid.

You were Astrid's friend, _______, and were like an adopted sister to her. At the times when she would hang out with Hiccup rather than you, you'd find yourself with nothing else to do but wait by the forest for their time together to end to pick up where you and she left off.

"Well this is great," you said, kicking a small stone with your boot. "Just me, waiting around."

You heard a small thud behind you, and thinking nothing of it, you continued to mope around the small pine trees moodily.

It wasn't until five minutes after that when you noticed a small shadow following you, and turning around quite shocked, you saw Toothless, Hiccup's dragon.

"Toothless!" You cried, jumping a little after seeing the Nightfury behind you with his slyly cute grin, "Wow, you sure are good at sneaking up on people."

Toothless smiled a toothless smile, lowering his head toward yours meekly.

"You must remember me from when Hiccup introduced me," you laughed. "Well, if you've forgotten names," you stepped forward to the fearsome yet adorable dragon, "I'm _______- woah!" You cried, as Toothless swept you off your feet with putting his head between your legs so you were riding him backwards, "Wait, I didn't sign up for this!" You whispered, righting yourself.

But Toothless was already off.

Screaming for your life and the absolute exhilaration, you, who had been seconds before in the forest was rising at an alarming rate straight into the clouds above.

"This - this is amazing!" You laughed, raising your arms from the saddle. "Haha! I love it! No wonder Hiccup doesn't like to land!"

At that Toothless set into a dive, and your screams became more shrill as the pair of you plummeted toward the choppy ocean.

But before you and Hiccup's sweetly deathly Nightfury could sink beneath the waves, Toothless righted himself and snatched a fish from the water. Mid-flight, the black dragon turned to grin at you, the fish in his jaws.

"I think we should land now," you told Toothless, stroking his shoulder, "That is, if you want to. I'm all for it, but Hiccup probably needs you."

He made a noise in response, and sudden he and you were set toward the chief's household atop the most fearsome dragon alive. At arrival, he dropped the fish onto the ground, and you disembarked your ride.

"Thanks, Toothless, I really liked that ride," you smiled. "You're a great flier. I hope one day I get a dragon, like a Nightfury like you, so the pair of you can be friends."

Toothless made a happy noise, and just after, the door of the hut opened to reveal Hiccup and Astrid.

"Hey, buddy!" Hiccup cried, lunging at Toothless playfully.

You averted your eyes from their moment to see Astrid shaking her head in approval at her boyfriend and his dragon. "So, did you have a nice time when I was busy?"

You nodded, grinning. "The best."