I Found God >> Chuck Shurley X Reader

Title: I Found God (any Halsey fans here?)

Paring: Chuck Shurley X Reader

Warnings: violence, supernatural themes - demons, knives and other weapons and dry humour.

Spoilers: maybe a little if you're not up to it in the series? Just watch that episode of SPN and you're all set

A/N: B/N means "brother's name". If you don't have a brother (like me) just make one up c:

---------------------------------------

Books.

It seemed you were in that point of your life when there was nothing better than the words shaped by Carver Edlund, the writer of the fantasy series, 'Supernatural'. Your brother, (b/n) had introduced you to Sam and Dean ages ago, and since he was off at college you were allowed free range of his copies of the . But it wasn't Sam and Dean or the angel Castiel which caught your interest; it was the author.

Carver Edlund didn't sound much like a real name. It sounded too...too for an author. So many forums later, discussions on online forums and avoiding the hardcore Sam fangirl Becky, you came to the conclusion: there was literally nothing out there about the author.

Many months later after your dead-end research passed, you found yourself on the front porch, sitting cross-legged looking to the stars. No more books had been published in a long time, and without the paperback shield to hide behind, you felt more exposed at school, especially with (b/n) not there to help.

It was then you heard a gunshot. Then two more.

It wasn't that unusual to hear firearms in your area; it wasn't that great a place to live. But when another seven more shots were fired, followed by an unearthly screech, you paled. It seemed almost out of one of those books you'd read of Carver Edlund's - but, you thought bitterly, they weren't real.

And then suddenly, you felt a chill rush down your back. No, it couldn't be, it wasn't a windy night -

"So you're the next one for the 'adventure', aren't you? Pretty one." Your head turned slowly, trying your best to hide your fright, to see a lanky man, with jet black eyes which bore into your soul without depth. "You're afraid."

"You're -," you stuttered, your nails digging into your palms, "Demon."

The demon chuckled, an eye roll accompanying it. "First hunter to know that before they're taught..." he noted your confusion, "What, didn't you know (b/n) was a hunter?"

"Who - hunter? I'm like, only (y/a)...I must have hit my head, this is just like those books..." You whispered, but when you pinched your arm, nothing happened.

"Suppose this is where it finishes for you, little hunter." The demon grinned eerily, his eyes flashing back to colours. His hand reached forward to you, nails sharpened like claws -

Splash!

The demon screamed, and you leapt back to see the steam rising from his skin. Holy water. You turned to the attacker, noticing the demon trap on the ledge above your head for the first time, and gasped.

"No," you whispered, completely weirded out my now. "No freaking way."

Standing side by side were plaid-wearing leather clad brown and blonde tall men, who looked so completely just like the guys from the front covers from your brother's 'Supernatural' books. If it weren't for the black eyes of the demon earlier, you would have thought the two men to be just LARPing like you on a regular once a month occasion. You couldn't help but think of other things as a string of Latin came from their mouths, and it was then you noticed the car on the street as the black smoke exited the guy stuck in the demon trap.

It seemed to surreal to be true.

"You're - you're Sam. And - Dean," you breathed, gazing up to them. "The brothers. Hunters."

"Oh no, is this from the most wanted list?" Sam cussed.

"No, no...I didn't know you were real until a couple of minutes ago..." you breathed, looking down at your feet. To day it was an eventful day would be an understatement. "I read -,"

"Oh God, another fangirl?" Dean winced. You saw he did his best to not roll his eyes. "I don't think we can handle another Becky."

You laughed. "You've met - never-mind. I'm not a crazy fangirl, I just like reading the..." you remembered the demon, and added, "Do you two know my brother, (b/n) _______? The demon said he was a hunter -,"

"Yeah, uh, we do!" Sam smiled. "He's at Chuck's place," he noticed your confusion and added, "Chuck is our friend, he's a prophet, someone who writes down the word of God. He, uh, wrote -,"

"You mean my brother has been tricking my family to think he's been at college when he's off beheading vampires and exorcising demons just like in the books?" You fumed, "Take me to him, please, it's the least you can do."

--------------One road trip later-------------

You jumped out of the impala as soon as it stopped on the edge of the curb beside a typical suburban house and stormed up the pavement with Sam and Dean hot on your heels. It had been a long trip to get to the guy Chuck's house, but that didn't stop your anger.

The front door to the house swung open and the face of (b/n) popped out. "________! How did you find me?"

You stopped walking, almost having the brothers collide into you. "Find you? I was nearly killed! And these guys show up - just like in the books! (B/n), you have a lot of explaining to do!" You cried.

"Er, yeah, about that..." He winced, "That's a talk that's better done inside... Hey, Sam, Dean," your brother waved to the boys, and stood aside the door to let you all pass in.

"(B/n) what's going on with the - hey, Sam Dean, that was a quick hunt - oh hi, who are you?"

Your anger vaporised when you saw the guy speaking. He looked not too older than (b/n), with an unshaven scruffy beard and tired eyes. He looked like a lost puppy in his own home. He looked adorable.

"I'm _______, (b/n)'s sister," you blurted out. "Are you - I mean, sorry if I'm blunt, are you Chuck?"

He nodded, looking down. "Yeah - yep, that's me."

Despite being angry at your brother when he stage whispered to you four words - he wrote the books - you almost jumped out of your skin.

"You wrote the books? Wow, you're Carver Edlund! You're so cool! Sam said you were a prophet..."

Chuck cleared his throat. "I uh, I write the word of God. Everything I write comes true."

Dean broke the awkward atmosphere as he laughed behind you. "It does, trust me."

You nodded. "Does this mean -,"

(B/n) nodded. "A couple of weeks ago I got off a hunt for a poltergeist with these two and get a call from Chuck saying his next vision has you in it. Coming here. I'm sorry I lied about college, although I'm pretty sure at college you don't learn ancient Egyptian spells and read up on mythology and weird creatures."

You shrugged. "I don't mind, just don't get me almost killed. I've always wanted to be in this kind of world."

Sam chuckled.

"Yeah, doesn't get boring." Chuck smiled.