Chapter 2

I woke up to the lights shining brightly on my face.

"Damn blinds", I mumbled getting up.
I go to my attached bathroom and quickly get ready before hurrying downstairs smelling fresh brewed coffee and doughnuts.

"Oh Cassie you're up  , meet my colleague Rachel", my mother smiled.
Rachel smiled warmly and came in for a unexpected hug. I felt slightly uncomfortable since I can't remember when I had a hug from someone besides my giant teddy bear.

"It's so nice to meet you Cassie , you're even prettier than your pictures", Rachel said releasing me. "Thank you", I blushed.

Rachel looked like a pretty simple lady with a simple flowy dress and dandles with her wavy hair in loose curls.

"I brought some freshly brewed coffee my husband made. I hope you like cinnamon doughnuts", she smiled at me. "Yes , thank you", I smiled and looked at the difference between my mother and Rachel.

My mother and Rachel seemed very different from each other. Rachel seemed quite free whereas my mother seemed always busy thinking about work and the future , not living in the now.

"Do you want to stay for breakfast , I haven't seen you in a while now", my mother smiled at Rachel. "I would love to ", Rachel smiled.

This is the first time I've seen my mother genuinely smiling with someone since dad's death. I just hope that one day I would be able to smile again and actually mean it.

I surveyed the school as we arrived. It wasn't that huge compared to my old school. But the lockers here were blue instead of yellow.
The hallways has lots of posters and banners in memorandum of the school spirit. I never played any sports although I enjoyed a good game of soccer. 

I could see myself walking the halls if the school and laughing with friends. This time I was ready to start afresh. It's my time to happy and enjoy school.

We quickly finished here as the principal gave me a mini tour around the school and promised that he'll assign someone to give me a proper layout when I attend class.

"The school has many success stories Cassie . I'm sure it's going to just perfect for you", my mother said when we walked towards the car.
"Yes , I'm sure ", I smiled and took out my phone.

I sent Amy a quick text telling her about my recent activities.

"Rachel invited us for lunch at her place tomorrow ", my mother said as she started the car. "Okay , I like Rachel", I said smiling.

"She has a son , he's your age", my mother said and glanced at me sternly. "I don't want mishaps at lunch okay , I know how you teenagers are", she whispered the last part. 

Was she serious right now.?!

"Seriously , you think I'll jump right into bed with him , you must think nothing of your own daughter then", I say shaking my head when she says nothing confirming my thoughts.

"All I'm saying is that teenagers are always up to no good and you're doing quite well at school. I wouldn't like to see you failing because of some boy who'll probably forget about you when he's already been in your pant Cassie", my mother says calmly , like she did not just insult me by implying that I'm easy.

I simply gaped at her and shook my head.

"You're unbelievable", I mumbled to myself but she obviously heard it since she spoke up.

"I know that you might disagree with me , but you'll see that I'm only being Frank with you. I was a teenager once. I understand how pressured one can feel since their friends ...", I didn't even let her finish her sentence when I burst.

"In case you haven't taken a look around you mother , I don't have any friends no thanks to you. You know what mom , I'm sick of always trying to be perfect for you. You were never proud of me when I got any good grades , you always said that I could do better and I  tried , believe me I did. I told myself that it's just who you are. You weren't the type of mother who'd randomly hug their kids or tease them and say you love them. You never told me I look pretty or I don't know want to spend time with me. Dad was always coming home from work to ask me how my day was. He knew what imense pressure you put me under. I isolated myself from everyone to make you happy , to hear you say four simple words to me. Even if it's just once. 'im proud of you' . That's all I ever wanted to hear mother", I whispered the last part .

I hadn't even looked over at her but I realized that she had parked the car in the parking lot of Wal-Mart and I was crying at the end of my little speech. It felt good to let it out , luckily there weren't many people out this early in the morning since everyone probably slept in .

Where I wish I was right now.

My mother said nothing for a while. She probably just needed to digest whatever I just threw on her.

"Your father is dead , he's not coming back Cassie and everything I do , it's only because I love you and want what's best for you. You don't have to come inside. I won't be long ", she said and left the car knowing that I needed time to cool off.

I knew that my father wasn't coming back , but i still missed him.

I know my mother loves me but she doesn't show it. She's not very affectionate , wait she's not affectionate at all. My dad was the one who'd give me a extra cookie when I've already had two. My mother was the strict parent.

I was cut off by my thoughts when a loud motorcycle parked beside me.
It looked like the guy that I saw yesterday when I arrived.

He quickly took off his helmet and began typing furiously on his phone before putting it in his jacket's pocket and getting off the bike.

He was absolutely gorgeous. He seemed to have this bad boy but laid back auro surrounding him.

I hadn't realized I was still gwaking until he raised a perfect eyesbrow at me. I immediately looked down at my lap blushing furiously.

I heard a light chuckle as the motorcycle dude shook his head walking towards the store.

I stared at his back , and I hadn't realized my mother opened the boot of the car packing the many groceries she bought. I quickly hopped out the car and helped my mother pack the things in.

"Why is your face so red", she asked questionably. "Nothing ", I replied quickly and hopped back in the car.

When I arrived at home I saw more boxes had arrived and decided to unpack my things since I have nothing better todo .

***

Tap , tap tap tap tap

(Just quoted NAV) 😅

Anyways tap the 🌟 if you enjoyed this chapter.