Chapter 22

My blood ran cold when I realized that he was talking me not being involved in he's illegal business.

I knew the guys realized it as well when the room became tense and the grip Mason has on me tightened drastically .

"What are you talking about", Mason bravely asked.

"What are you playing at huh , taking me for a fool ", Graham boomed and stood up angrily.

Mason pulled me behind him protectively and squared his shoulders.

"You think you can play me huh , excluding the girl from the job. I still paid her , but I know it's not the money you're interested in , so what huh. You were going to tell the cops and have me arrested and knowing that your girl is involved wasn't a option so you exclude her ", Graham said unusually calm as he began playing with his gun.

I gripped Mason's jacket tight between my trembling fingers.

Dustin and Jackson  both seemed upset but calm as this guy pranced around with a gun that he would probably kill us all with.

I was snapped back to reality when Graham chuckled and shook his head.

"I'll just have to kill all of you right now , nobody will find your body for a few days maybe hours even , but then it'll be too late ", he said and raised his gun causing Jackson and Dustin to both pull out their guns making my eyes bulged out my eyes at the sight.

That immediately made Trent and the two other drawing their guns as well making me want to drop dead right here.

Too much is happening and then Mason speaks gripping my hand tightly in his noticing I let go of his jacket.

"Now you listen here you motherfucker , I can deal with alot of your bullshit but what I won't deal with is that you're threatening Cassie , so let's get one thing clear here , we're doing you a favor by handling your drugs because we paid our debt. We witnessed you murder someone and guess what , we could go to the cops , or even better the FBI since you know I know a few people and hand your dirty ass over since they're waiting for you to make a wrong move . You can't kill us , because you need us more than you need us , so let's play fair here. We deliver this drugs for you , without payment and I swear to God that's it. You forget about us and move on with your miserable life because all it takes it a phonecall to end your life ", Mason conclude with a snap of his fingers.

Graham has the audacity to chuckle at his threat and shook his head.

"You don't have any evidence of me killing that guy , hmm shooting his brains out . Look at this way , he didn't suffer like you and your pretty girlfriend will when I'm finished with you , so listen to me pretty boy , you will deliver those drugs for me whenever I asked  capiesh ", he says and corks his gun.

This is it , I'm gonna die and the worse part is that I'm to blame. Nobody else but me and that sucks.

"Boss , we have a problem ", Trent suddenly said looking at his phone.
"What ", Graham snapped still pointing his gun at Mason and I.

I tried blinking away my tears wondering when my life became a damn James Bond movie.

"The cops are raiding the house and are on their way directly here ", Trent rushed out.

"You fucking punks , kill them all ", Graham suddenly yelled and shots was fired before I was pushed behind the couch.

Mason kept my head tight against he's chest trying to soothe me , but I was crying and yelling I'm not even sure what I was saying when the bullet hit right beside my body .

"Shh , it's okay , you're okay baby. I got you , just focus on my voice okay ,  just breathe", Mason said trying to hold me as tight as possible to him.

I tried lifting my head but he wouldn't let me go .

I saw with the corner of my eye Trent with his gun pointed directly at me.

Mason looked up just in time to turn our bodies placing us flat on the ground laying his body flush against mine covering me with his big built .

Kicking Trent out under his legs and Dustin shooting his leg.

Then the sirens finally rang out making everyone run except Mason who kept himself tight to me.

I was full on crying holding on to Mason as tight as I could onto Mason.

"I don't want to die ", I said pulled his jacket in my fingers.

"You're not going to die baby okay , I won't let you die Angel . I love you baby , just take deep breaths for me okay ", Mason said lifting his head to look at me .

The bullets had stopped flying around as the police surrounded the premises.

We stood up as Mason drew me in his arms.

"You're okay ", he kept saying rubbing back and pecking my hair.

Everything after that was a blur , Mason had pulled away to look at me when I saw Trent raise his arm which had a gun in his hand towards Mason's back.

I couldn't let Mason die because of me so did it without thinking and pushed Mason into the  back of the couch .
The bullet pierced through my body and a loud piercing scream echoed through the house followed by the cops rushing to intercept Trent.

Mason fell to my side almost immediately holding his hand over the gunshot wound in my stomache.

"No, no , fuck , fuckkkkkkk ", Mason yelled pressing into my wound.
" Come on baby , don't close your eyes okay . Stay with me please baby , don't close your eyes , okay okay ", Mason rushed out when Jackson rushes over to us.

"Fuck  she's losing too much blood 911 is too far out ", he said but I couldn't seem to keep my eyes open.

"No , no , no Cassie no stay with me please don't leave me keep your eyes open ", was last thing I heard before went black.

I knew I had to open my eyes , but it was heavy.

I tried moving my fingers or even my arms but I couldn't move anything as I was being lifted by someone.
I hoped nobody else was hurt.

***

Eek!

Hope she's okay though 😬.

Vote and follow me please !!