Chapter 29

I arrived at home to see that my mother's car isn't in the driveway.

I rushed up the stairs and changed in to a floral dress and white flats tying my hair into a messy bun.

I rushed downstairs when I heard the front door opening and heard my mother's voice carry through the house.

"Cassie , where are you ", she asked when she saw me stand at the bottom of the stairs.

"Hello mother , how was work ", I asked smiling.

"Don't ask me how work was , where have you been , I called you countless times and I just bumped into Emily so I know you weren't over at her house ", my mother said untying her bun.

"Where were you when I arrived this morning , your bed was unmade", she questioned with her hands in her hip.

"I um was with Mason. We had breakfast together", I said which wasn't a complete lie.

She did ask where I was this morning.

"Well , I expected you to be here when I got in. But that's okay , we're meeting Brett at seven I'm going to shower and prepare something nice for lunch , why don't you invite Emily ", my mother smiled.

"Okay mother , I'll see if she's available", I said throwing myself on the couch.

I dialed Emily's number and waited for her to pickup.

"Hey", she answered.

"Hey Em , my mother was wondering if you'd like to join us for lunch today", I asked.

"I also have something to tell you ", I added excitedly.

"Well then I'm definitely available for lunch. I'll see you in a hour friend ", she said with a laugh and hung up.

"Well good bye then ", I mumbled shaking my head.

Emily came bursting through the door exactly a hour later with a bright smile on her face.

"You did the dirty didn't you ", she whispered-yelled.

"Shh", I said pulling her up the stairs to my room.

"Mother we'll be in my room for a while", I yelled behind me.

"Okay, Rachel's coming over too ", she replied.

"So tell me everything ", Emily said jumping on my bed.

"He was so sweet oh my goodness", I said sighed dreamily.

"Wait , you were a virgin ", Emily asked half shocked half excited.

"Yeah", I say unsurely.

"Oh my goodness he was your first ohmigad ohmigad ", Emily chanted pulling in to a hug and jumping around the room.

"Calm down women , why are you so excited ", I laughed. "Because it's sooo sweet oh my word I'm so happy for you", she smiled again.

"Wait , before we go downstairs does Rachel know you and Dustin is dating", I asked fixing my hair.

"Yeah , we informally met already it's just my parents I'm afraid to tell. My dad can be very intense and everyone knows that ", Emily pouted.

"I'm sure it'll be okay Em ", I smiled walked downstairs joining my mother and Rachel .

We walked downstairs and joined my mother and Rachel for lunch.

Before I knew my mother was knocking on my door excitedly.

"Come on Cassie. We're almost running late. I can't wait for you to meet him ", she smiled excitedly.

"Well , let's go then ", I smiled and followed my mother downstairs.

We were on our way to the restaurant to meet Brett and I was nervous and excited.

My mother was bursting with excitement saying how happy she was with him and he's a nice guy and whatnot.

When we got or the restaurant I saw a well groomed man with a navy tailored suit.

"Rose , darling you look absolutely gorgeous. This must be Cassie , your daughter ", he smiled a bright one and leaned over to shake my hand.

"Brett , this is Cassie , Cassie Brett", my mother introduced.

"Hello , it's lovely to meet you ", I smiled shaking his hand.

"Well , let's go inside shall we ", Brett smiled gesturing towards the door.

We walked in and sat down.

The night was spent laughing and for the first time since my father died , my mother was happy.

"So , what do you think , do you like him", my mother asked nervously when we arrived at home.

"I like him , he seems nice mother ", I smiled .

"Thanks goodness , because I really like him. He knows that he'll never replace your father I've made it pretty clear to him ", my mother said sternly.

"I know mother. And also there's something I need to tell you ", I say nervously.

Now was the time. I was going to tell my mother that Mason and I are serious. I meant I'm pretty sure I love him and him me.

"Okay , what is it ", she asks removing her heels.

"Mason and I are dating and it's pretty serious ", I say nervously looking down.

"Well , I guess that's okay then. From what Rachel said he seems like a nice guy and I've met his mother before. I was just wondering when you'd tell me about the two of you ", my mother asked with a soft smile.

I whipped my head to look at her.

"What do you mean ", I asked confused. "How long have you known".

"Ever since you got shot. I've seen him around you , the poor was distraught", my mother said.

"I just hope he doesn't hurt you in anyway. Or I will hurt him in the worst possible way ", she said raising her pointer finger at me.

"Yes mother , I'm sure he knows that ", I chuckled and went upstairs to get ready for bed.

"So how was supper with that Brett guy", Mason asked when we sat in our English period while we waited for our teacher to start the lesson.

"It was great actually. I like him , I think he's great for my mother ", I smiled taking out my English book.

"So , was he good to you , I mean did he make you uncomfortable or something", Mason asked cautiously.

"I treated with respect Masey. He was very nice and polite ", I smiled rolling my eyes amused.

"Yeah he better ", he mumbled playing with my fingers.

"I love you ", I smiled looking at him.
"I love you more", he smiled

****

Hiii !

Vote and follow me !!
😚♥️